Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts on Rubicon?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Rubicon?

Been on this forum nealry 3 years without a JK ~ Lusting over every damn post in the JK Show Off Thread, and now its my time!!!!

Been working myself to the bone for a deal. So heres what I have been able to dig up in 1 day of work. Thoughts?

Not a very picky guy in color and options except for wanting a manual. So this has been a fairly smooth experience so far.

Black 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (Brand New)

Options -

Manual - No Charge
HardTop - $735

MSRP - $33,535.00
Sales Price - $30,440.00
OTD Price (Taxes, Titles, Fees) - $32,514.00

Take it, ask them to also throw on a tow package, or keep hunting?

Been working with 5 dealers, but this one most seriously. Havent started numbers yet with 3 of them.

Last edited by JKChandler; 05-26-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

keep hunting get and what u
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

That price + power locks, windows, alarm, and tow package would be worth it. I didn't get mine w/power anything and I'm still kicking myself for it. Although I did get Navi
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

The MSRP on the vehicle tells me it's somewhat loaded and I'm assuming that it's a 2dr.
When I purchased my Rubi 4dr I used edmunds.com for help and I thought I got a pretty good deal, but I didn't know what sort of kickbacks the dealer was getting from Jeep either. On the surface it looks like a good price that they are offering you. That'll be a great vehicle to have in Colorado Springs, that's a beautiful part of the U.S.; Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, etc.etc..
Old 05-26-2010, 08:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKChandler
Been on this forum nealry 3 years without a JK ~ Lusting over every damn post in the JK Show Off Thread, and now its my time!!!!

Been working myself to the bone for a deal. So heres what I have been able to dig up in 1 day of work. Thoughts?

Not a very picky guy in color and options except for wanting a manual. So this has been a fairly smooth experience so far.

Black 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (Brand New)

Options -

Manual - No Charge
HardTop - $735

MSRP - $33,535.00
Sales Price - $30,440.00
OTD Price (Taxes, Titles, Fees) - $32,514.00

Take it, ask them to also throw on a tow package, or keep hunting?

Been working with 5 dealers, but this one most seriously. Havent started numbers yet with 3 of them.
X2 on the power locks/keyless entry. I have a 4-door and kids that need to go in the back seat, I have to walk around the Jeep and manually unlock all the doors major PITA with a baby in your arms. I guess I got spoiled with all my fancy power-lock vehicles before I bought the JKs. The tow package you can add cheap with a $99 hitch and some wiring from Autozone. The Rubi already has the gearing for it.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I configured my Rubicon on jeeps site.. I see no option for power doors? I thought this was standard on the 2010 Rubicon? Am I wrong? 2 door only maybe?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by runit3
That price + power locks, windows, alarm, and tow package would be worth it. I didn't get mine w/power anything and I'm still kicking myself for it. Although I did get Navi
Man, thats a really good point. I forgot thats all included now. 3 years ago when I started looking I remember having to add that as optional.

I made it clear to all dealers I have been working with that my time frame is like 3 to 4 weeks and everyone I have dealt with so far has been pretty darn cool. Ive bee working with people in and out of state and found that being super honest goes a long way with many Jeep dealers. This will be my first Jeep vehicle of any sort, and so far the pre buying experience has been good.

I travel a lot for business and been teasing the hell out of myself through AVIS, as they rent JK's in most cities I go to and take the option every time. I cant wait to post pics of my own on here. . . . .
Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOOST
When I configured my Rubicon on jeeps site.. I see no option for power doors? I thought this was standard on the 2010 Rubicon? Am I wrong? 2 door only maybe?
Your good boost.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKChandler
I was VERRRRY PICKY... I asked 7 dealerships to find me a 2010 2dr sport manual stone white with grey interior with a/c and hard top... and that's it... for $22,000 or less ($1,500 under invoice).

In 3 days of weeding out the dealers that weren't willing to find the Jeep or work with the price, I bought the Jeep for $21,995 and got the $500 Mopar Bucks deal on top of my purchase... I bought the Sport instead of the Rubicon because, why upgrade an upgrade? I was getting a suspension lift and I would be beefing up the front axle anyways, so why buy a Rubicon? I saw it as cheaper going this route for what I wanted to do to my JK.

Here's my list of current upgrades, and shameless advertisements
Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 PM
JK Super Freak

BUY IT!!! GET IT OVER WITH!!! ENJOY IT!!! my 4dr has hardtop and nav stickered for like 35500 i paid 32000 ... if i knew how much I would love it i would have paid more.... Buy the rubicon the first time you need lockers to get out of a jam you will be kicking your own ass!!!!

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Rubicon?