Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts on RotoPax?

Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From what i understand Dave from Northridge is trying to become an authorized dealer for Rotoplax
We are now a dealer if you have any questions let me know

David
Old 01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
We are now a dealer if you have any questions let me know

David
What are the various mounting options that might work for the popular bumper carriers? The brand I have does not make a fuel can carrier and I don't have time to fab one.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toymaster
What are the various mounting options that might work for the popular bumper carriers? The brand I have does not make a fuel can carrier and I don't have time to fab one.
The thing I like about Rotopax is that it is very versatile - here is where I put my 4 gallon gas can. I can also add up to a total of 16 gallons when I need it with no extra weight for brackets - you can see the extra Rotopax backets in this photo mounted to the rack (and they weigh pratically nothing):

Last edited by CALIJK; 01-19-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CALIJK
The thing I like about Rotopax is that it is very versatile - here is where I put my 4 gallon gas can...........
thx for the pic. I went to the rotopax website and it looks like the universal mounting plate 24" x 7" and a 4 gallon like you have is the ticket. I really like how you have it tucked in there out of the air flow.

I have looked at every pic I have of my jeep and I cannot tell if i have the +3" needed to clear the softtop with my expedition one bumper. If I mount it as high as I can just under the highlift location it might work. Maybe a someone on here with the same bumper can measure (I'm about 8K miles from my jeep currently). If that did not work I'd have to do some major fab work to make a bracket to the sides of the spare tire. I like the exp-one bumper but the lack of a rack and can holders really is hurting.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Love My Rotopax

i used their Razor Mount to hang on my or-fab carrier. it's almost a PERFECT FIT..

I'm running 3 of the storage cans for tools, straps and stuff..

My only complaints(and they're sorta minor):
Shipping from Rotopax--expensive and almost 2 weeks to deliver, but with northridge now carrying it may be better.
Not Waterproof--i'd love them to have a better seal on the storage containers
Other then that, i love their look and durability
Steve
Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedolce
i used their Razor Mount to hang on my or-fab carrier. it's almost a PERFECT FIT..

I'm running 3 of the storage cans for tools, straps and stuff..

My only complaints(and they're sorta minor):
Shipping from Rotopax--expensive and almost 2 weeks to deliver, but with northridge now carrying it may be better.
Not Waterproof--i'd love them to have a better seal on the storage containers
Other then that, i love their look and durability
Steve
Do they come in black??? Only thought they came in red and yellow ???? Black looks sick!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looks like the red is for gas, the white is for water, the black is for tools and the orange is for first-aid/emergencies.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on RotoPax?