Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts on the current JK commercial.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
... What do you think?
It's a Jeep thing. Since all of you who don't like the commercial now own one, we'll give you a little time to figure that out for yourself. You can start your training here:

Jeep Commercial

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 11-13-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it is just a commercial but what about the whole tread lightly stuff that we all preach on the trail? It just looks like they are giving all of us a bad name by showing things like that.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bottom line for them is the commercial SELLS JEEPS. That's all they care about. I kinda like it....I mean it's funny. Like I said somewhere else....looks like they are members of the "40MPH" wheelin club.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Bottom line for them is the commercial SELLS JEEPS. That's all they care about. I kinda like it....I mean it's funny. Like I said somewhere else....looks like they are members of the "40MPH" wheelin club.
I agree, I like the commercial alot. The "do not attempt" and 100 mph water fording doesnt really bother me. Like most commercials, its marketing and entertainment with the usual legal CYA statements thrown in.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

It's just a commercial, and a funny one at that.

I would rather see commercials like that then all the stuff
on birth control, bloating, diarrhea, and weak bladder.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to read into it and I'm not going to pander to the enviro weenies. The commercial is fun. Let's just enjoy it.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They should have a commercial with that dude who got a branch to the gut after a tree came through his firewall! If you're out there, man, no disrespect I read all your posts and I'm glad you weren't critically injured...I'm just goofin'. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not on this commercial. I just want to see what others think. You know, something to talk about.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
I noticed this comercial as well but also noticed the "small print" at the bottom of the screen. I don't remember exactly what it says but it's of course something along the lines of "do not perform the displayed actions". Or something like that. Legal disclaimer that they can use to their advantage.
It's on all the tim here and I noticed the "Do Not Attempt" at the bottom as well.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
Hey everyone, I live in South Florida and currently there are commercials on starring our Jeep. The commercials are a play on roller coasters and show the passengers driving down steep sand dunes and making huge splashes through water like an amusement park log flume. If I had seen that commercial before I had a Jeep I would have enjoyed it. Now that I have a Jeep I realize that this commercial is like a case study of what not to do in your Jeep or better yet: how to void your warranty. I was just wondering if anyone else had an opinion on this commercial. For the record I think the commercial is misleading. What do you think?
are you kidding me? they didnt do anything in the commercial to void your warranty...

plus I've done much of the same in my JK, so I loved the commercial. made me think of being out playing.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I believe the one you mentioned..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsYfsssFSFU

Video game style..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79V5zsCaKJw

How about this one ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFrtvQVJa9w

Here is one for you TJ owners...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njauitC80KE

Last edited by serveapurpose; 11-13-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the current JK commercial.