Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts on the current JK commercial.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thoughts on the current JK commercial.

Hey everyone, I live in South Florida and currently there are commercials on starring our Jeep. The commercials are a play on roller coasters and show the passengers driving down steep sand dunes and making huge splashes through water like an amusement park log flume. If I had seen that commercial before I had a Jeep I would have enjoyed it. Now that I have a Jeep I realize that this commercial is like a case study of what not to do in your Jeep or better yet: how to void your warranty. I was just wondering if anyone else had an opinion on this commercial. For the record I think the commercial is misleading. What do you think?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Record the commercial and if Jeep tries to void your warranty show it to them... False advertising maybe???
Old 11-12-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

i want to see some world war 2 footage and a JK climbing a freaken mountain.....that would sell jeeps
Old 11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Junkie

It's really cool and it's on the Jeep website if anyone wants to watch.

as far as misleading goes. I don't think they meen what they do. I think they were just trying to market their " HAVE FUN OUT THERE" thing you know!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

its definitely misleading, most of the time you dont even get above 10 mph off road and it gives a negative light to our hobby because people think we are flying over dunes and doing 50 mph thru water. They should make a commericial of someone putting a Jeep into 4Lo and crawlin over rocks or fording through water up to the headlights or something but I guess its not as exciting as a rollercoaster UNTIL YOU'VE ACTUALLY DONE IT! Its good to see a commericial that shows all the yuppies out there that the doors do come off though
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

I noticed this comercial as well but also noticed the "small print" at the bottom of the screen. I don't remember exactly what it says but it's of course something along the lines of "do not perform the displayed actions". Or something like that. Legal disclaimer that they can use to their advantage.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

I personally think the commercial is ridiculous. I agree with the above, take some 4L footage & not give not only JEEP but Jeepers as well, a "hauling ass through the woods" image. Not very cool.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

I like the commercials, cause they give me leverage when I go to the dealer when/if I have a problem. Just tell them, look at your own commercials and you tell me thats what the vehicles are intended for...right??? as long as I have warranty, I will fight them tooth and nail if they ever denied any repair.

I love to rockcrawl, climb everything, make the suspension articulate etc....I am not into flooring it all over the place as the commercial depicts. So far I had my rear diff completely replaced about 2500kms ago from a blown rear locker coil...had to wait a while for the Chrysler engineers to give the go ahead, but I refused anything but a complete repair job.....I got a whole new diff out of it

I am all for Jeep to continue making commercials like that....
Old 11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I enjoyed the commercial. I found it very entertaining. It's a "tongue in cheek" type of thing and I also believe it is just embracing the "Have fun out there" theme. Like the Energizer Bunny, the whole point of any ad is to make you remember the ad and the product being sold. I think they did a great job in that respect because all of us remember the ad and the Jeep. If they showed a Jeep doing a slow crawl of 5 - 10 m.p.h. on a forest road no one would watch it much less remember it.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Come on guys its just a commercial don't take it so personal. that's my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the current JK commercial.