Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts about the Rocky Ridge Roof Rack - Dose someone have it?

Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts about the Rocky Ridge Roof Rack - Dose someone have it?

I am looking for something to carry my canoe. At the moment I have a self build t-bar in the back (mounted on the tire carrier) and a light bar type rack in the front. Before I used the RR lightbar, but I did not like the wind noise.

Now I am looking for something removeable (quick) but still sturdy enough to carry some gear (max 2 canoes - 100lbs).

Jeep Wrangler Roof Racks : Jeep Roof Racks : Custom Built Jeep Roof Rack : Rockyridgeproducts.com

So does anybody have experience with the Rocky Ridge Roof Rack or an alternative idea?

//JP
Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I don't have any experience with the Rock Ridge product, but as an alternative I just added the Rugged Ridge Sherpa rack about 3 months ago.

While it's not a quick on / off or temporary setup, you could easily take the back part off and leave the front light bar if you only needed the rack occasionally. I like the tight profile of the rack, yet it allows the hard top to be removed without having to do anything additional.

I was able to purchase this rack on Amazon for about $540 shipped right after Christmas, but the cost has recently increased to $654 shipped.

Here are some really bad driveway pics of it. As the weather warms up, I'll get some trail shots of the rack carrying some gear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JKUR RR1.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	542909   Click image for larger version

Name:	JKUR RR2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	542910   Click image for larger version

Name:	JKUR RR3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	542911   Click image for larger version

Name:	JKUR RR4.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	542912  

Quick Reply: Thoughts about the Rocky Ridge Roof Rack - Dose someone have it?