Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoroughly Confused

Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoroughly Confused

I read on a few threads where members have ordered their own JK, although I've gone to the Jeep site and cannot seem to find the spot to take care of this.

That said, I've done the "Build My Own" thing, but it doesn't give me a spot to actually place an order..

Can someone please school me on how that process works?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

you still have to order through a dealer. you can print what you've built and take it there with you, or you can search dealer inventories to find out if they have the one you want in stock.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor send an email to all your local dealerships of exactly what you are looking for and then get quotes from all of them. Then take the lowest bid and ask the other dealerships to beat it. When you get a price that you are happy with then order your Jeep. But you do have to order through a dealership.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely go the email route. You don't have to deal with salesmen. Super easy, take the best offer and go with it. Web sales tend to offer the best deals up front with little negotiations or sales tactics involved. You may find a dealer that has what you want already on the way to their lot. But yeah, you need to order through a dealer, can't order from your computer.

Quick Reply: Thoroughly Confused