Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by realjeep
I live on the side of a mountain (6525 feet above sea level) and bought my first 2008 JKUX because I wanted a real 4x4 for winter conditions having owned a fake SUV ie Saturn VUE in the past. I got the off road bug when I discovered a forest service road 2 miles from my house. Don't mistake I love my new 2015 JKUR and have set it up just the way I like it. Yes I vented about some Issues on this thread that I find annoying because that's what this thread is about. Some of which where meant to be funny. FYI I have driven the "Rio Puerco" before making one of my passengers puke. Very proud of that. If you are from the Albuquerque area you know there are parts of the Rio Puerco that are more difficult than Moab.

PS I forgot to mention:

that evap canister ... annoying.

that cylinder thing in the 2012 + under the front bumper I don't know what its for but really behind a bumper that any real Jeeper would change.

Chrome still bad unless its a car made before 1933 and then white walls may be exceptable too.

LOL
Its a vacume pump to assist with the braking. the 3.6 dosent create enough vacume on its own to properly assist the brake booster so a vacume pump was needed also.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes I vented about some Issues on this thread that I find annoying because that's what this thread is about.
Actually I think this thread is supposed to be about MODS you don't approve of, but you decided to make it a giant rant about everything related to your Jeep and JKs in general that is not to your very narrow and specific taste.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Why did you both buy jeeps then? Just a bit confused..... Until I see a list equally as long as his whiny complaint list that shows me he can say a lot of good things too about jeeps .... I say you both bought the wrong vehicle
Its a 2nd vehicle for me my Jeep is not my DD and never will be..

Not real concerned with what you say...

you may go now.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back on topic...

Mods I won't make:
Lowering kit
Tube bumpers
Wire whip antenna
All terrain tires
Cheap components/parts (mainly suspension related...I'll wait until I can afford what I want)
Snorkel
Round off road lights
Chrome --- unpolished aluminum yes, NEVER chrome!!!
Wheels over 17"
Body mounted roof rack
Random stickers
Headrest DVD player
Paint interior trim pieces
Duel steering stabilizers
Tube doors
Theme it (Militarize it, Zombie-ize it, or Bug-out it)

Things I won't do with it:
Jump it
Mud it
Water bog it
Old 03-19-2016, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

1. Tube bumpers- ugly
2. Painted matching interior pieces- too 90's

3. Thinking one mud tire is actually going to get you any further the any other brand

4. Buying a 40k vehicle and hammering it offroad, in rocks or through mud pits with no doors or top on - probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard or seen. Buy an old POS for that. These ass hats that come off the trails bragging about body damage on a brand new vehicle and putting down guys smart enough not to destroy a 40k investment.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
^^^^ realjeep you've got issues bro..... Scary haha
OH just having fun haha!

Really I think I just created one big list from many small ones. Lol
Old 03-19-2016, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
Its a vacume pump to assist with the braking. the 3.6 dosent create enough vacume on its own to properly assist the brake booster so a vacume pump was needed also.
Oh ok thanks. It's still in a stupid place and Christler should have known that since they did put some light armor on the evap canister. I have a relative in the body shop business and he found out that car manufactures really don't care about body repairs and so will put stuff where ever they see fit.

Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

OH just having fun haha! Really I think I just created one big list from many small ones. Lol
Lol bottom line is as much as there is wrong with jeeps be it from the manufacturer or the mods we add(or wouldn't add as per this thread) WE ALL still love jeeps or we wouldn't have one
Old 03-19-2016, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

[QUOTE="robsjeep9;4199189"] Lol bottom line is as much as there is wrong with jeeps be it from the manufacturer or the mods we add(or wouldn't add as per this thread) WE ALL still love jeeps or we wouldn't have one So do what you want with yours and be proud ..... There will always be haters and mall crawlers(for those against us building our jeeps and then heaven forbid rock climbing with them). At the end of the day do others opinions really matter when it comes down to your jeep? They shouldn't
Old 03-19-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol i saw that long list and there's a lot of good stuff on it. It's hilarious though to see all the (for lack of a better word), "manly" comments but then see that rear view mirror cameras should be standard lol.

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.