Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess I'm old school, nothing goes on my Jeep that doesn't get me further down the trail, even stickers. I never get, "which shiny exhaust tip should I buy or, what 22s should I get or, " i really like those fake plastic chrome grills. I really own a Jeep for the places it gets me off road, otherwise I wouldn't own one.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-no chrome
-no wheels bigger than a 17
-no playing in water deep enough to fill the tub

and finally I'll never worry about what other people think of my build..
Old 03-18-2016, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Things I hate:

Chrome

Low-riders

Bike racks cause like who needs a bike when you have a Jeep? Unless your Jeep breaks down a lot and you need it as a life raft?

Non off road tires.

Tube bumpers from the 70's on a JK

I can't order a JK with Mopar Parts like: the Dana 60's, Lift options and Hemi's from the factory pre installed! Cause who wants the hassle of selling the old parts on Ebay?

US Mail doesn't buy jeeps anymore at lest not around here.

Dealers that take a Sport model and add a lift, cheesy front bumper and big tires then charge 59K for it. I mean its not even a Rubicon and they don't tell you what brand they used. Nor does the sales person or service person know either.

MSRP on any JK model is still too high.

Dodge steering parts!

Why is the front Dana 44 on the Rubicon not a supper duty also?

2012 + has the same engine as the Grand Cherokee but the tow capacity is only

3500 Lbs not 6200 Lbs like the Grand Cherokee.

On the JK there should be more of the roll cage built into the A pillar. There should be a poll from just behind the back of the back door to the top of the cage also on the JKU.

The windshield should be a lot easier to open on the JK.

No power seats.

No two-wheel Low gear.

Down hill decent assist? 1st gear hellooooooooo?
Back seat upper does not recline like the other Jeep models. Makes it easier for car seats (future Jeepers).

3d break light.

E-Sway bar is really cool but way over engineered.

Tire pressure monitor system. I wouldn't mind it if as a standard user programmable option to be able to lower the threshold. Or just tell me the pressure with out that stupid yellow light.

Rubicon rock sliders. Any Sliders attached to the body. Useless!

People that don't wave.

Yellow lights and error codes. Its the 21 Century just tell me in the language I select what's wrong.

Ethanol!

My 2008 manual explained how to drive over a 10" fallen tree. My 2015 manual does not. :(

3.8L engine

4 speed auto transmission.

Any gears lower than 4:10

Carpet.

Rear view camera (on all the time) on the rear view mirror should be standard.

110 V outlet with only 150 Watts. Should be 2000 Watts.

12V Battery and Keyed power with 50 amp service should be optional under the dash. Maybe up fitter switch's like on pickups should be optional from the factory.

Front Freedom top panels should go from the front to the back of the back seat. So when the hard top is off and you want to put the small panels back on to block the sun it covers the passengers too.

Mirrors should have been on the body not the doors so when you take the doors off you don't have to relocate or buy more mirrors to be legal on the road.

The 2007 model should have been the 2012 model!

Electric soft top would be way cool. I have seen one in action. But that company went out of business. Charging too much I think?

Locked computers.

Why are half doors so expensive?

Forest service closing trails! :(

Can't easily get an update for the 430N radio nav maps.

Battery could be bigger.

License plate bracket, not the best location.

Wheel lock nuts.

Headlight eyelashes

Dirt is OK. Mud is a pain. Unless I can get it on the kids.

Jeep dealer sales personal that know nothing about Wranglers.

Dealer stickers.

Stickers on the outside. Put them on the inside roof in the back.

350hp should be standard and a hemi as a manufacture option. Any hemi.

Certain colors: Construction Orange, burnt orange, Maroon red, brown, light blue, rescue green, that cream green, that gray blue ice addition, that monster drink green and Purple! Yuck!

Dash so black that you can see anything. Some contract is good.

More interior color options for the Rubi.

Wheel spinners.

Dealerships that lift jeeps and put big tires on them to sell but tell you the A/C is out of warrantee because you lifted your.

Jeep COD the ones sold here aren't even lifted.

Things I like about my 2015 JKUR vs my 2008 ... everything.

It's a real 4X4.

It's a convertible.

I can do lots of work on it myself.

"It's a Jeep thing"

Thanks for the Venting thread; I feel much better now
Old 03-18-2016, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bike racks? Really? Ever mountain bike? Where your legs are the power not just any right foot on a pedal.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ realjeep you've got issues bro..... Scary haha
Old 03-18-2016, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dahreno
I guess I'm old school, nothing goes on my Jeep that doesn't get me further down the trail, even stickers. I never get, "which shiny exhaust tip should I buy or, what 22s should I get or, " i really like those fake plastic chrome grills. I really own a Jeep for the places it gets me off road, otherwise I wouldn't own one.
You must have a daily driver (2nd car)
Old 03-18-2016, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

realjeep touched on some things I forgot..

I didn't want to get to carried away with it..
Old 03-18-2016, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ROXNMUD
Install ANY part made in China
Well Jeep/FCA certainly didn't abide by this rule. Even if you make peace with the enormous amount of stuff that came from the factory that was made in China, the amount of aftermarket ordinary stuff you can buy that's not made in China (even if the company that sells it to you is in America) is extremely limited.

Heavy steel bumpers
I agree with you 100%

Any part that is purely for show.
Well that's 99% of the mods that anyone does to JKs. This forum included. Myself included.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by N2MWL
realjeep touched on some things I forgot.. I didn't want to get to carried away with it..
Why did you both buy jeeps then? Just a bit confused..... Until I see a list equally as long as his whiny complaint list that shows me he can say a lot of good things too about jeeps .... I say you both bought the wrong vehicle
Old 03-18-2016, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Why did you both buy jeeps then? Just a bit confused..... Until I see a list equally as long as his whiny complaint list that shows me he can say a lot of good things too about jeeps .... I say you both bought the wrong vehicle
I live on the side of a mountain (6525 feet above sea level) and bought my first 2008 JKUX because I wanted a real 4x4 for winter conditions having owned a fake SUV ie Saturn VUE in the past. I got the off road bug when I discovered a forest service road 2 miles from my house. Don't mistake I love my new 2015 JKUR and have set it up just the way I like it. Yes I vented about some Issues on this thread that I find annoying because that's what this thread is about. Some of which where meant to be funny. FYI I have driven the "Rio Puerco" before making one of my passengers puke. Very proud of that. If you are from the Albuquerque area you know there are parts of the Rio Puerco that are more difficult than Moab.

PS I forgot to mention:

that evap canister ... annoying.

that cylinder thing in the 2012 + under the front bumper I don't know what its for but really behind a bumper that any real Jeeper would change.

Chrome still bad unless its a car made before 1933 and then white walls may be exceptable too.

LOL

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.