Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh. And uh, Rockstars. That's all for now.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Big rims.
Black out.
Ton of stickers.
Tacky fashion acessories.

But the thing that irritates me the most is people who do shitty work or mods. they are too cheap or dont have the skills to do it properly so the rig it. they take a 15 20 30K vehicle and hack on while using the cheapest crap they can find then bitch and complain when shit dosent work properly and they blame the vehicle.

Im one of those Freaks who bought a rubicon just to never wheel it. i have way more fun just moding and pulling it apart and putting it back together agian.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
Big rims.
Black out.
Ton of stickers.
Tacky fashion acessories.

But the thing that irritates me the most is people who do shitty work or mods. they are too cheap or dont have the skills to do it properly so the rig it. they take a 15 20 30K vehicle and hack on while using the cheapest crap they can find then bitch and complain when shit dosent work properly and they blame the vehicle.

Im one of those Freaks who bought a rubicon just to never wheel it. i have way more fun just moding and pulling it apart and putting it back together agian.
I applaud your bravery for that announcement. And I may even give you more credit than the guy who wheels every week but can't turn a screwdriver. To each his own. Poke fun at my stock Sport but I'm on a long-term plan to learn a lot, buy once, and ease into it.
PS- (And yes, blackout is getting kinda tired.)
Old 03-15-2016, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few things I will never do.
Install ANY part made in China
Install a LED bar across the windshield
No chrome, ever
Heavy steel bumpers
Any part that is purely for show.
Not go on a trail because I might scratch it.
Pay someone to work on my Jeep.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
Big rims. Black out. Ton of stickers. Tacky fashion acessories. But the thing that irritates me the most is people who do shitty work or mods. they are too cheap or dont have the skills to do it properly so the rig it. they take a 15 20 30K vehicle and hack on while using the cheapest crap they can find then bitch and complain when shit dosent work properly and they blame the vehicle. Im one of those Freaks who bought a rubicon just to never wheel it. i have way more fun just moding and pulling it apart and putting it back together agian.
Not disagreeing and I feel mostly the same, but in a different way. When someone is learning and building their skills I applaud them. No one is perfect at something without experience. It's when guys that have the skills to do something right take the easy way out and rig something rather than spend the time to do it right that irritates me.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a list of some things I wouldn't choose for my rig
-Windshield light bar
-Jeep wave sticker on the mirror
-For some reason I hate tube doors. Full doors, half doors or no doors
-Duel exhaust (example: Gibson Metal Mulisha) or even any cat back that costs over 200. The mufflers that comes with these $700 catbacks cost around $100 so you're paying for a muffler and $600 worth of pre-bent tubing.
-Bushwacker pocket fenders
-XRC Armor Fenders (Why are these the only fenders like this? Like a more simple version without rivets would look nice. Looks like a fighter jet)
-Wild Boar/knockoff grill
-Trim my fenders. I kinda like the way some people shape it but mostly don't trust myself to make it look nice and i have a full width bumper.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I won't install wheel spacers (so I am limited to 11-1/2" wide tires with adjusted steering stops)

I won't lift it any higher than I absolutely have to (don't want to get into driveline issues)

I won't put chrome anything on it (but chrome tube front bumpers look really good on TJs to me, go figure)

I won't put any variation of the angry eyes or eyelashes on it (nothing to say about that one)

I won't put a back seat in it ever again (took it out new, finally threw it in the dumpster)

I like cheap mods but hate tacky crappy work/things so I usually end up paying a bit more for a non-knock off

I won't put a light bar on and tried LED headlights (early generation multi LED Truck lites) and won't do that again

I won't put black rims on

You will never see side steps on my Jeep (unless it is functional rocker protection)

I won't drive around topless with a baseball hat on anymore (lost too many cool hats that way)

I lived too many years out west in the desert - I won't go mudding (unless it happens by accident)

I won't take my top and doors off in January in the Colorado mountains anymore (at least not if it is going to snow that much again)

I am not a sticker fan, I won't de-badge, but won't put any more on than what came on it.

I've never met a Goodyear tire I liked

My next Jeep will be an automatic (that was really hard for me to admit and I'm hoping I get along with it but I really have no experience with them)

Cross country with aggressive mud tires is better than cross town in a Prius, I'm not selling my Jeeps
Old 03-18-2016, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
My next Jeep will be an automatic (that was really hard for me to admit and I'm hoping I get along with it but I really have no experience with them)
This is exactly what my father said. He's had jeeps longer than I've been alive and his last was an 83 CJ7 that I learned to drive a stick on. When it came time to buy my first jeep, he traded that sucker in and bought himself a brand new two door. When I went to pick mine up he was showing me pictures of his, I was so confused at first since I didn't even know he was looking at new jeeps. He was there every time I went to look at jeeps on the lot and I guess he realized how far jeeps have come since the ole CJs. When I asked why he went with an auto, he said he's just tired of having to put all the effort in while driving. He says 'with all the yahoos on the road, the last thing I need is to have my hands off the wheel." I can't blame him, but I like my 6 speed. It's one of the main reasons why I chose a jeep over a truck.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

-Judge what others do with their jeeps. I may not look the Angry eyes, or eyelashes, but, if its their thing, good for them.
-Make sure I buy as much as I can afford in after market gear. If I can't pay cash, I ain't playing
-Not be scared to take it somewhere. Admittedly, I just bought a new Hard Rock, and am headed to Moab for EJS, so at this point, I may or may not be a little nervous, bought, I know how to detail, and am not afraid to have a clean jeep, so I am not going to be fearful of hurting my precious.
-I will not take pride in running a dirty jeep. I have a lot of cash tied up in my jeep, I am not going to risk problems, or allow it to deteriorate unnecessarily because I want to be cool and unwashed.
-I am tired of blacked out everything. I won't do it. I bought the machine finish NV's for my jeep, because I did not want blacked out.
-I am going to smile every time that I drive it. It's fun,and comfortable for me. I should be smiling.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

those stupid Angry Grills! Im not scared punk!

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.