Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big ego of the Automatic mall crawlers, autos in general, people parking on the curb and thinking they are hot sh*t, autozone mods, rockstars, of course chrome, when people have no idea what the Jeep Wave is, matching hard tops...I could go on for days.

But the biggest pet peeve of mine would be when someone says "Hey dude, nice Hummer!" ...instant bad day
Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1995nscajeep
The girl at my school who drives a lifted rubicon who has never been offroading and can't tell me anything about it besides its grey
hahaha we have a few guys like that in my town, "ahh dude look at that flex over the curb!" did none of the work themselves and probably just gave the shop a pile of cash and told them to give them the best....
Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
I will never go offroad in my jeep. I paid too much money for my rig and mods to beat this thing up and scratch the paint.
Take it where it's meant to go!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

NEVER, buy a 4 door Wrangler!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Waldo_88
The big ego of the Automatic mall crawlers, autos in general, people parking on the curb and thinking they are hot sh*t, autozone mods, rockstars, of course chrome, when people have no idea what the Jeep Wave is, matching hard tops...I could go on for days. But the biggest pet peeve of mine would be when someone says "Hey dude, nice Hummer!" ...instant bad day
interesting. My '12 Rubi matches all your shit, except, the winch isn't on yet, waiting on the bumper, therefore, I pack for an incidental overnight, a come along, and still rock crawled for 10 miles at 11,000 feet, for the 8th weekend in a row now. After owning and abusing the hell out of my land rover, I thought it was Jeeps turn. I put on functional thingies, not to look cool, but to use it. If I wanted to "look cool", I would get a few tats on my left arm to dangle out the window, buy a bunch of cheap ass chrome plastic, and keep it glossy. As for auto? I gave that shit up when it took me an hour to drive 7 miles to work every day. We all have our reasons for our set up. What's yours for being ignorant? Lol!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Junkie

Ok, now I gotta have fun here.
What I don't like:
Asswipes who honk what they have built is the best
Chrome
Polished anything
Fake shit (intakes, vents, bead locks, chrome, body lifts, people)
Rattle canned anything
The wave crowd that assumes I'm stopping my train of thought to notice them. F*** that! you need attention? go get a hug from your momma. WTF, your feelings really get hurt when I don't wave? Find a serious problem and put your energy there.
Loud ass mufflers that sound like shit
YOUR opinion on what I should do with MY JEEP.
Dicks who have the money to load up their rig with top notch goodies, just so they can tell people they have it. You built it, use it.
Non matching spares/wheels
Drunk f***s on the trail
Stupid people on the trail (you know the guy/girl who goes beyond their abilities and needs to be rescued, time and time again)
Dumb f***s who bought a brick on wheels (aka jeep jk, tj, cj, whatever) and complain forever about mpg, especially after they lift it and throw on bigger tires.
Guys who do mods based on someone else's opinion as opposed to research then have the nerve to bitch about how much it sucks.
Back yard mechanics that try to align a vehicle then complain they have the death wobble. Cheap bastards, pay the Benny and get an alignment
The guys who try to sell used goodies off of their jeep for the same price as new, or as I have seen, even more than the cost of new.
Jeep owners who complain about the tow rating. Go buy a truck, or something else with little off road agility.
Jeep guys who want to buy anything off of my jeep. WTF is that about??? Yeah, it has happened, more than once.
Jeep guys who sell their rig because they now have a baby. Sappy ass Henpecked pansies.
Jeeps with shit tires for the conditions
The guys that get deep into anything all knowing they have no lockers.
The same guys from the previous two lines that call me out at 2 am to pull them out of something.
Unoriginal set ups, themes or opinions.
The get along gang aka "the in crowd", aka "clicks". Sorry, confident people don't need to be with other sheeple. We blaze our own trail.
I'm sure there is more.
Cheers!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Ok, now I gotta have fun here. What I don't like: Asswipes who honk what they have built is the best Chrome Polished anything Fake shit (intakes, vents, bead locks, chrome, body lifts, people) Rattle canned anything The wave crowd that assumes I'm stopping my train of thought to notice them. F*** that! you need attention? go get a hug from your momma. WTF, your feelings really get hurt when I don't wave? Find a serious problem and put your energy there. Loud ass mufflers that sound like shit YOUR opinion on what I should do with MY JEEP. Dicks who have the money to load up their rig with top notch goodies, just so they can tell people they have it. You built it, use it. Non matching spares/wheels Drunk f***s on the trail Stupid people on the trail (you know the guy/girl who goes beyond their abilities and needs to be rescued, time and time again) Dumb f***s who bought a brick on wheels (aka jeep jk, tj, cj, whatever) and complain forever about mpg, especially after they lift it and throw on bigger tires. Guys who do mods based on someone else's opinion as opposed to research then have the nerve to bitch about how much it sucks. Back yard mechanics that try to align a vehicle then complain they have the death wobble. Cheap bastards, pay the Benny and get an alignment The guys who try to sell used goodies off of their jeep for the same price as new, or as I have seen, even more than the cost of new. Jeep owners who complain about the tow rating. Go buy a truck, or something else with little off road agility. Jeep guys who want to buy anything off of my jeep. WTF is that about??? Yeah, it has happened, more than once. Jeep guys who sell their rig because they now have a baby. Sappy ass Henpecked pansies. Jeeps with shit tires for the conditions The guys that get deep into anything all knowing they have no lockers. The same guys from the previous two lines that call me out at 2 am to pull them out of something. Unoriginal set ups, themes or opinions. The get along gang aka "the in crowd", aka "clicks". Sorry, confident people don't need to be with other sheeple. We blaze our own trail. I'm sure there is more. Cheers!
i forgot one, non jeep thing here. People who follow up any post with a correction of a previous post where a misspelled word was used. Vanity and insecurity, it's a bitch. Lol!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like this thread turned into a whole what don't you like in life thread instead... Damn...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chrome and stickers
Old 10-01-2013, 09:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll never put my door nuts back on

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.