Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250

Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alonzo98
you obviously never driven an f250 with a banks six gun in it. those things will put you in the back of your seat man!
I have to say I enjoy driving our JK unlimited over my Modified 04 Ram 3500 CTD. Yes the power is at hand with a push of a button to surprise a few sports car....but it gets old in a hurry. It is nice to have the extra hauling room for longer trips...but I always seem to take the Jeep on the longer hauls and just squeeze everything in.

Definitely stay clear of the 6.0L PSD. My old man has an 05 and already blew up 2 head gaskets & turbo and several turbo hoses....His quote " POS Ford should have stuck with another Cummin's"

Also, I would stay clear of the Banks 6 gun....not a great programmer for the cost....mostly hype. I would look at Edge, Bully Dog, Smarty, Predator before I would slam $$$ down on a Banks 6 Gun.

Also another warning...when a diesel breaks...it will empty your wallet fast!!!! If you are thinking of playing in higher HP and Torque better add a few upgrades such as larger exhaust, Pyrometer gauge for EGT's and look at upgrading your clutch or Torque Converter or it disintegrate really fast in the higher HP settings!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a truck is a truck, and a jeep is a jeep I would not compare the two of them I would not like my jeep to be my dd for that I love my vw I guess I'm lucky I have options
Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

listen to those guys, i have know a few ppl who had the 6.0 for diesel and traded theires for a dodge
Old 07-02-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robin
a truck is a truck, and a jeep is a jeep I would not compare the two of them
This is my thoughts exactly! And then not even just a truck, but a 250!!!. I mean if you need a 250 you need a 250 and a Jeep no matter what you do to it ain't gonna work. But to tell you the truth, this statement make the least sense to me.

Not the best gas mileage ( especially if you lift it and put larger rubber like i did),
Are you kidding me? I have a JKU with a 5.7 Hemi that I stomp on the gas all the time and I still get better mileage than an F250. What does a 250 get with a powerstroke like 14 maybe 15 MPG's ? Get a gas engine and what's it like 8????

I'm going to agree with this....
Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
you just want a big ass truck
Which if it's what you want, you should get it. No other justification needed!

So does anyone else feel like i do?
I do not

What car would you have bought if you hadnt bought your jeep and why?
I'd have bought a Defender. Because it's almost what I wanted.

I drive a Miata and could care less what anyone thinks about it. It's a fun car, probably one of the very best driving cars ever. You should be happy with what you drive. My opinions means as much as anyone else's, nothing. If you get in a vehicle and don't smile, it's just a vehicle.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

What car would you have bought if you hadnt bought your jeep and why?

....a TJ...or an 84 yota....
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Trade it in. Today.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
This is my thoughts exactly! And then not even just a truck, but a 250!!!. I mean if you need a 250 you need a 250 and a Jeep no matter what you do to it ain't gonna work. But to tell you the truth, this statement make the least sense to me.

Are you kidding me? I have a JKU with a 5.7 Hemi that I stomp on the gas all the time and I still get better mileage than an F250. What does a 250 get with a powerstroke like 14 maybe 15 MPG's ? Get a gas engine and what's it like 8????

I'm going to agree with this....

Which if it's what you want, you should get it. No other justification needed!

I do not

I'd have bought a Defender. Because it's almost what I wanted.

I drive a Miata and could care less what anyone thinks about it. It's a fun car, probably one of the very best driving cars ever. You should be happy with what you drive. My opinions means as much as anyone else's, nothing. If you get in a vehicle and don't smile, it's just a vehicle.

Man let me tell you that I get 11.5 mpg on my jk unlimited. It has a 3 inch lift and 33x15.5x16 baja claw tires on it. I can probably get it up to 12.8 on the highway if i keep it under 70 and not try to climb the overpasses to fast. Well not like i can really go over 75 on it anyway.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want a ram 3/4 ton myself, I'm just waiting another year to have the JK paid off then I'll buy me a tow rig!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

you know its funny you mention the trailer thing. I actually had the money saved up to purchase a trailer to haul my stuff and lumber. Bought the hitch for the jeep and was ready to go. But i guess i made the tuff decision of letting go of my jeep instead. It wasnt easy guys....trust me. I was back and forth for a month. I guess the guys at the fire station convinced me because most of them drive 250's and i drive them at work too. I actually borrow a trailer from a buddy now because i still have my jeep. jeep really struggles with the larger tires and a trailer filled pretty good with lumber. i also think about possibly blowing something on the jeep. im sure im not the only one that has made compromises with the jeep.

shouldnt have mentioned what vehicle i was going for because that just hit some sweet spots with members that hate ford
Fortunately for me this worked out perfect for my situation, even when I'm fully loaded with all my scaffold I'm not hitting the weight limit, though the inside is normally pretty empty, except for my air compressor, lock box and my tools. I'd think twice about putting a big load of lumber in it, and maybe think about doing a couple smaller loads, just to play it safe.

We all have our needs and wants...just gotta find what's right for you
Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
I would not like my jeep to be my dd for that I love my vw I guess I'm lucky I have options
I love the JK as a DD! I have access to a Volvo and when I take it, I end up regretting every second I spend staring up at CRVs instead of looking down through their sunroofs.

Quick Reply: thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250