Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250

Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJosh
I have to admit it, I am thinking of selling to get a duramax. The JK is nice and I love it, but sure would be nice to have a truck to haul my family in and maybe get a camper. I have a beater truck now, and that is the only reason I havent done it. I have a JK and a truck, best of both worlds.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. How about getting an older 250 and keep the JK. I know around here you can pick one up for less than $2500. Just an idea....
well thank you for being honest...cause i was sure i was not alone. I want the truck to haul the family and maybe get a boat or camper later too. I thought about the older truck too, but im just afraid to invest the money into a truck that was probably not taken care of. Plus i really want something nice like a lariat FX4 or King Ranch.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
so Alonzo just out of curiosity how many times have you driven with the doors off top down?
about 10 times....and that will be the one thing i miss the most. That is my favorite thing about the jeep. I'm going to try and get a truck with a sunroof so i can still enjoy that part a little.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alonzo98
well thank you for being honest...cause i was sure i was not alone. I want the truck to haul the family and maybe get a boat or camper later too. I thought about the older truck too, but im just afraid to invest the money into a truck that was probably not taken care of. Plus i really want something nice like a lariat FX4 or King Ranch.
If you do and have plans of putting a chip on it, I would shy away from the 6.0 diesel motor. I'vs had numerous friends who have had them, and after multiple head gaskets, and transmission troubles you wouldnt believe, they would get rid of them. Had one friend who even bought the ATS trans and went through 2 of them. Just a little heads up bud.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

You should stay away from the 6.0 Ford. Go with older 7.3 diesel if you want torque! And hell go with the F350! Actually mine just sits in the garage collecting dust. But then again my Jk isn't my daily driver either!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah ive heard of those type of problems. Im going to be careful and get an Oasis report and have it double checked by my mechanic. I have had problems with my jeep as well, so you never know.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is slowly turning into a truck thread .....oooops! Im afraid to post my comment about the 6.0 scootrrydr.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
You should stay away from the 6.0 Ford. Go with older 7.3 diesel if you want torque! And hell go with the F350! Actually mine just sits in the garage collecting dust. But then again my Jk isn't my daily driver either!
very nice truck! Oh what the hell......here is my comment. Ive heard the 07 6.0 is the better truck of all the years that had a 6.0 I have some friends with 07 250s and they havent had any major problems
Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

Im sure by 2007 they worked all the bugs out....it took them 4 years though....
Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alonzo98
this is slowly turning into a truck thread .....oooops! Im afraid to post my comment about the 6.0 scootrrydr.
Its your thread man-do what you want. This is another friend of mine's 7.3. He also is a member on here, and has an 08 rubicon-

13 inches with 38 mud grapplers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0511091647.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	26381  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
JK Super Freak

your justifying a 250 with lumber for "home" projects.....come on.......we're not your wife....don't lie....you just want a big ass truck ...seriously tho you need to get the FORD **cough**Found Off Road Dead**cough** and then go find you a CJ/YJ/TJ or even a yota pickup trail truck, and beat the ever-lovin shit outta it and have fun on the trails....u get what you want, just don't stop wheelin otherwise you do loose you man card

Quick Reply: thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250