Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250

Old 07-01-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm.... coming on a Jeep-loving forum talking about how much you want a Ford pickup??? I think you will find more support on a Ford truck forum if you post, I don't think anyone here will be of any help.... It's like going on a dog forum and saying you should have gotten a kitten... two totally different crowds...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, ask my father in law how good of a job my Rubicon did pulling his F250 out of the foot of snow he had it stuck in...

Good luck with your new Ford.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life is short. Do whatever makes you happy.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

well I came from the Ford truck days to owning a JK, and haven't looked back. Mind you I wasn't driving an F150 or 250 for that matter, I was driving the ugly sister to them the Sport Trac. Nonetheless, the only thing that a Jeep can't do easily is store and tow lumber and other non essentials like a Ford Truck can do. My Trac didn't get the stares my JK does, my Trac wasn't as fun in the sun/cloud as my JK is, and my Trac did last for 4 years without problems, but I found I could live without it. Driving my Jeep, I see myself buying another one down the road as it fits my lifestyle, and I don't see that changing. I hear you about the F250 being better for towing lumber from Lowe's, etc, and a bit more HP but when you bought the Jeep what exactly were you expecting?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just don't get it and I guess I never will. Why come here to tell us you made a mistake buying your Jeep and you should have bought something else instead? It just seems like you are bored so you want to come here and get bashed. It's like the kid everyone picked on in school because he was so f*ing annoying. Here, i'll say what you want to hear, Jeeps suck, Fords rule, we all made mistakes and should have bought Fords!!! Happy now? Go ahead man, it's your money, waste it any way you want!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
I just don't get it and I guess I never will. Why come here to tell us you made a mistake buying your Jeep and you should have bought something else instead? It just seems like you are bored so you want to come here and get bashed. It's like the kid everyone picked on in school because he was so f*ing annoying. Here, i'll say what you want to hear, Jeeps suck, Fords rule, we all made mistakes and should have bought Fords!!! Happy now? Go ahead man, it's your money, waste it any way you want!!!
well i guess i deserved all the bashing. reason i came on here is because ive seen several threads that had members bashing the jeep. I see it all the time! So i came here to ask if other people feel the same way as me. I bought the jeep because i always wanted a jeep and ive always thought a jeep was the coolest and funnest vehicle to drive, and it is! I got a jeep, and now i know what a jeep is about. wish i could keep it as a toy and only drive it on the weekends, but i cant. I say a 250 because thats the only other vehicle i can think of that would fit my life. Yes i said some 2x4's but it was only an example. but i do a lot of hauling of equipment and sometimes purchase hundreds of dollars of lumber at once. its nice to see fellow members of a forum bitch u out after you've enjoyed being a part of it.....expecially this guy above
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Last vehicle was an F-150, had it for eight years. Was a good truck but after that length of time I got tired of Sluggish, Lumbering ride even with a large V8. Don't really see anyone whose trying to make a decision having end up between a full- size truck or a wrangler. Their so totally different.
I was in that situation. I'm a sider, and I needed a vehicle for work. I have a bunch of scaffold that I need to move from site to site, plus all of my tools. Pretty much everybody in the trade here just uses a truck with a rack for all that.

That was my plan but I've never really been into trucks, even if it may have been the most practical vehicle for my situation.

Instead I made a bit of a compromise and got myself a trailer for work, and a 4 door JK to pull it
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geezle
I was in that situation. I'm a sider, and I needed a vehicle for work. I have a bunch of scaffold that I need to move from site to site, plus all of my tools. Pretty much everybody in the trade here just uses a truck with a rack for all that.

That was my plan but I've never really been into trucks, even if it may have been the most practical vehicle for my situation.

Instead I made a bit of a compromise and got myself a trailer for work, and a 4 door JK to pull it
you know its funny you mention the trailer thing. I actually had the money saved up to purchase a trailer to haul my stuff and lumber. Bought the hitch for the jeep and was ready to go. But i guess i made the tuff decision of letting go of my jeep instead. It wasnt easy guys....trust me. I was back and forth for a month. I guess the guys at the fire station convinced me because most of them drive 250's and i drive them at work too. I actually borrow a trailer from a buddy now because i still have my jeep. jeep really struggles with the larger tires and a trailer filled pretty good with lumber. i also think about possibly blowing something on the jeep. im sure im not the only one that has made compromises with the jeep.

shouldnt have mentioned what vehicle i was going for because that just hit some sweet spots with members that hate ford
Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alonzo98
well i guess i deserved all the bashing. reason i came on here is because ive seen several threads that had members bashing the jeep. I see it all the time! So i came here to ask if other people feel the same way as me. I bought the jeep because i always wanted a jeep and ive always thought a jeep was the coolest and funnest vehicle to drive, and it is! I got a jeep, and now i know what a jeep is about. wish i could keep it as a toy and only drive it on the weekends, but i cant. I say a 250 because thats the only other vehicle i can think of that would fit my life. Yes i said some 2x4's but it was only an example. but i do a lot of hauling of equipment and sometimes purchase hundreds of dollars of lumber at once. its nice to see fellow members of a forum bitch u out after you've enjoyed being a part of it.....expecially this guy above
I have to admit it, I am thinking of selling to get a duramax. The JK is nice and I love it, but sure would be nice to have a truck to haul my family in and maybe get a camper. I have a beater truck now, and that is the only reason I havent done it. I have a JK and a truck, best of both worlds.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. How about getting an older 250 and keep the JK. I know around here you can pick one up for less than $2500. Just an idea....
Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so Alonzo just out of curiosity how many times have you driven with the doors off top down?

Quick Reply: thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250