Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250

Old 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250

So ive thought long and ive decided to trade in my jeep for an f250. I originally wanted to buy a 250 but decided to go with the jeep instead. I think i made a mistake buying the jeep. I personally dont think the jeep makes a good daily driver. Not the best gas mileage ( especially if you lift it and put larger rubber like i did), can pass up traffic very fast at all! on the expressway, not the best ride on roads, top leaks, hard time finding gears going up hills, and i cant keep those darn fenders to not look faded and gray. And yes i know..... its a jeep and not a Cadillac and its just a jeep thang. But c'mon...seriously?! chrysler could have done better. I think I'll be happier with my 250 and a banks six gun baby!

So does anyone else feel like i do? What car would you have bought if you hadnt bought your jeep and why? And if you dont feel like i do then good for you. Let me know what you think. I wish i was happier with my jeep.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was going for either a Ram 1500 or the Wrangler. I'm glad I went for the Wrangler. No it's not fast, yes it rattles, yeah it sucks on gas...but... it's fun!!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds to me like you've already made up you're mind! Maybe you should think about getting something different for you're DD and keep the jeep for you're trail rig! but hey, when you can't stand live'n with em, leave em.....
Old 07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Benedict Arnold
Old 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Last vehicle was an F-150, had it for eight years. Was a good truck but after that length of time I got tired of Sluggish, Lumbering ride even with a large V8. Don't really see anyone whose trying to make a decision having end up between a full- size truck or a wrangler. Their so totally different.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaws
I was going for either a Ram 1500 or the Wrangler. I'm glad I went for the Wrangler. No it's not fast, yes it rattles, yeah it sucks on gas...but... it's fun!!
you are very right! thats the biggest thing im going to miss about my jeep. It was fun to drive! with the way times are now I cant put my family back on two cars cause i want to keep a toy. im sure some of you understand. Plus i do a lot of lumber haulin from home depot and lowes for my many projects at home. And a 250 would do me better instead of hookin up a trailer every time i need a few 2x4's. I need to keep myself buisy on my days off as a firefighter and lowes is my favorite place to be.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Last vehicle was an F-150, had it for eight years. Was a good truck but after that length of time I got tired of Sluggish, Lumbering ride even with a large V8. Don't really see anyone whose trying to make a decision having end up between a full- size truck or a wrangler. Their so totally different.
you obviously never driven an f250 with a banks six gun in it. those things will put you in the back of your seat man!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alonzo98
So ive thought long and ive decided to trade in my jeep for an f250. I originally wanted to buy a 250 but decided to go with the jeep instead. I think i made a mistake buying the jeep. I personally dont think the jeep makes a good daily driver. Not the best gas mileage ( especially if you lift it and put larger rubber like i did), can pass up traffic very fast at all! on the expressway, not the best ride on roads, top leaks, hard time finding gears going up hills, and i cant keep those darn fenders to not look faded and gray. And yes i know..... its a jeep and not a Cadillac and its just a jeep thang. But c'mon...seriously?! chrysler could have done better. I think I'll be happier with my 250 and a banks six gun baby!

So does anyone else feel like i do? What car would you have bought if you hadnt bought your jeep and why? And if you dont feel like i do then good for you. Let me know what you think. I wish i was happier with my jeep.
You'll get much much better gas mileage with a 250...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

BTW, when you trade in a jeep for a 250, you have to turn in your man badge.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

dunno if i would get a 250 to haul 2x4's but to each his own. sounds like a half ton would do it.

let us know how the top folds down on the 250

Quick Reply: thinking bout trading in my unlimited for a 250