Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about trading 2011 for 2012

Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ecb12
That is where I just bought mine. How did it go for you. My deal took forever and they gave me some serious run around with their online price. I would not recommend going back.
It was easy. I told them what I was willing to pay and I low balled them. They came back with a slightly higher price but it was much less than the first 2012 I bought that was totaled on the way home from the dealership. The salesman picked my wife and me up from the airport, paperwork was ready, we signed it and then the guy walked me through all the options. We were out in an hour.

Originally Posted by eric262
Yep Ourisman in Clarksville is where I was looking.

If they would do $2000 more on trade I might do it.

I don't really care for that dealership though. Definitely try to give you the runaround.
The key is to find one that has been on the lot for a couple of months. They deal on these because they get paid more when they move them quickly. The Rubicon I purchased was delivered in late November and I picked it up Jan 20th so they were ready to move it so they could order more.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it's much easier without a trade involved. I feel like a got a good deal still, just could have gone without all the fake drama and them getting "pissed" at me. I quite literally had to walk out to get them to hand me a real offer. Whole negotiation took almost 4 hours. Price / trade moved my way by 8K.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure it's much easier without a trade involved. I feel like a got a good deal still, just could have gone without all the fake drama and them getting "pissed" at me. I quite literally had to walk out to get them to hand me a real offer. Whole negotiation took almost 4 hours. Price / trade moved my way by 8K.
Yeah, trade-ins complicate things. I think they didn't jack with me because they new I was flying in... The only complaint I had was they wanted me to put down a huge depost (>$5k) to hold the jeep. I told them I was working out the settlement on my totaled Jeep and was a serious buyer but I wasn't about to give them a huge deposit. I told them I would take my chances... that I could buy a Jeep ANYWHERE!! They were no problem after that. In fact they were very accomodating and helpful. I would recommend them based on my experience. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke!!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLsJK
Are they still offering 0 interest on the 2012s?
I just did 36 mo. 0% which supposedly ended last week. This evening saw a commercial for 0% financing and 90 days no payments! WTF...
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you looking at the green one with leather? I just bought the Silver rubi. I would go to cars.com and offer through the website (good prices and no disclaimer about incentives). They have cheap prices on the Ourisman website but then when you show up or offer based on that number they will make up some BS about not qualifying for a rebate and delivery $900 not being included. It was fairly aggravating after driving 3 hours to do the deal. Only reason i stuck around was because they had the exact one i want in stock.
Yea the green with leather. Yea they tried to pull all those tricks with me also.

I like it when they inflate the trade in number based on what you save on maryland tax. They must think people are stupid. Just because I save on tax by trading doesn't mean they're giving me more for the trade. Idiots.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

I bought with them too... They got me in there with the rock bottom internet prices, then pulled the BS. We got off to a rocky start, but ended up with everyone happy.

When I got there, I parked my trade ('08 Detonator 2-Door Manual) around the corner and walked onto the lot. I walked around the lot and the showroom floor for 30 minutes and watched multiple salesmen approach others looking, but being a young female, they didn't give me the time of day. I finally walked up to the GM and asked if he wanted to sell a car, b/c I was planning to buy. He was polite, and I told him I was interested in a 2-door Flame Red Rubi sitting on the lot, but no one really was intereseted in talking to me until I drove my trade onto the lot. Their eyes all got huge and I walked straight up to the GM and said "now do you think I'm serious?" After that, things were better, but they did try all the tricks.

The funniest part was that we settled relatively quickly on a fair price and they paid a premium for my trade, but I almost walked on the financing rate (I bought last October and they weren't offering the 0%). I finally got them down where I could live with it, but I wasn't happy when I went in the finance office. I'm sitting in there, debating whether to walk, when unprompted, the finance lady says, "this rate is ridiculous"... then she gives me a better rate than I was even asking for.

I walked out with a huge grin on my face, went straight to the GM and told him we could've saved a lot of time if he had communicated with the finance department. The look on his face was priceless.

All that being said, in the end, we were both happy. I got the price I wanted, more than I was looking for on my trade, free oil changes and car washes for 3 years, and they moved my mods over. I will continue to go back, just have to expect to play the game.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

If I was sitting on a 2011... at this point, I would hold out for a 2013. In six months you'll have a two-year newer model.

This will also give you time to sell your 2011 private party.

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading 2011 for 2012