Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut

Old 07-17-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davebloomer
If you dont' like it get rid of it dude.... my wife didn't care for driving my wrangler and i don't disrespect her for it... lol not her cup o tea.. that's cool..

As for your other choice... If i could afford one i'd get one too. I honestly don't care for the H1 but i do like the H3. Good luck to ya man and be sure and keep waving
My girl drove the JK one time and after swerving all over the road she said "why would anyone buy a car like this"
lol
BTW... I don't think the guy posted since the first post. isn't that called a troll or something? I dunno.
I have been disappointed with the JK build quality also, but I knew if I wanted quality I should buy a Toyota. Unfortunately if I bought anything else I would just try to get another Jeep and go upside down on whatever I bought. These things should be scheduled by the government they are so addictive.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Either way, keep it or not, you might want to make your own decisions. Or go to the Hummer forum and ask them what you should do because it looks like no one here gives a crap ...

If you have any other life changing decisions to make, getting married, buying a house, impregnating someone, cutting your toe nails, ask the Hummer forum!

Or grow a pair.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default HUmmer Sut or NoT!

Well Since I originally posted this Thead I have been building my New House and have to say I miss the power My old V-8 Dodge Durango..Thats what i traded to get the JK....Anyways pulling My Utility tailer is kinda scarey somthimes when I have the lumber and materials in there. Just thankful the brakes work well. As far as it pulling the load....Well it sucks..Oh well should of figured.....And for those of you that ripped on me thats fine but I have owned a wrangler 5 different ones since I was 16 and Im 33. So I always loved them....But You all would agree the Hummer Sut looks bad ass...( Thats the pick up one).....I dont like the regular one...And Im sure it got issues like other SUVs all seem to have....But I am just disappointed that with all the problems I have not one Dealer around here has a clue whats wrong with it....Now something in the stearing colum make a knocking noise and you can deel it in your feet and everytime I hit a bump I feel like my steering racks gonna fall off!

Thanks for the feed-back. I will probably Buy an SUT later this year when there 20k...Right now they are hovering around 26k..

And oh ya I wont get rid of the JK...just cant use it for work anymore...Hopefully Service can do there jobs and fix it for me!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice one, i passed the yellow sut h2 i was goin to buy this mornin, and i still love it

good luck with your choice, sure u will love it
Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH

If I could get my hands on an Iraq bullet ridden H1 and make it street legal I would.

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK

They are the M1114's HMMWV (High Mobile Multi Wheeled Vehicles) and the price for one is over a 100K bone stock. I like My JK and have worked on the M1114's and personally the older version non armored M998 series even though naturally aspirated have more power then the turboed ones. less weight too. the M1114's weigh about 12,000lbs and more with everything added to them. as for the bullet riddled ones you will never see unless it was a drug deal to get it.. a majority of the parts come off and get replaced with new ones and if they end up comming back over stateside they completely get torn down to bare frame rails and if they are not perfect they get replaced and rebuilt to brand new condition. I know this because I have and am working with Military contractors Stateside, and Here over seas. You do have a chance of getting the older M998 series A1 or A2 modles at a local Military Auction, to get information go to the nearst Military base and contact the DRMO (Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office)

Not presuming to speak for my fellow furry forest dweller, but I believe, that is what we refer to as a joke.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:41 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by defkon

OMG!!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to see you are planning to keep the JK. You would not have been happy to see what the 32k Sahara would bring at trade in time....

For what it is worth, I don't consider my JK much of a work vehicle either. For towing or hauling, I retained my 99 Tahoe.

Different tools, different uses.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Have you looked into the FJ. I looked at one with a friend, and they are nice. But I am not a huge fan. If you need a truck for work get a pick up not an SUV or SUV. But it is your choice, I think the FJ would be built better than the Hummer. I am not an expert, but I know a friend that has a Brand New Hummer and it is in the shop constantly, and he cant wait for his lease to be up. I think there are pros and cons for all vehicles its just the way our society is. Its not about quality but quantity and $$$. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut