Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut

Old 07-12-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you dont' like it get rid of it dude.... my wife didn't care for driving my wrangler and i don't disrespect her for it... lol not her cup o tea.. that's cool..

As for your other choice... If i could afford one i'd get one too. I honestly don't care for the H1 but i do like the H3. Good luck to ya man and be sure and keep waving
Old 07-12-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could pull it off,I would have the Hummer and the JK,I like my Jeep,but after many years of owning GM products I think that Jeep quality doesn't come close to GM.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I agree that my '99 TJ was a very sturdy vehicle. When I traded it in last December, it had no rust. I never had a mechanical problem while I owned it.
But it had a lot of wind noise, was hot in the cabin and had a very harsh ride.
If I drove it more that 100 miles at a time, it beat me to death. By comparison, my JK has a lot of plastic parts and the body seems to be made of thinner steel. That all being said, the JK has a much smoother ride, the cabin is quiet and cool and all-in-all the JK is a more sophisticated Jeep. I like my "X" a lot and intend to drive it as long as I can afford to keep gas in the tank. I have had no rattles or squeaks or other strange noises. If you think a Hummer is the answer, then go for it. Personally, I'd stay with the JK and work with my dealer to solve the problems.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sobeit69
Im a Big GM FAN ( have a 05 corvette convertible and 2 other cheve camaro ss)..Dont really care about gas mileage either. Just want somthing that will last...
Im really upset about it because this was my first Brand NEW automobile and cost $$$$$ 32K......
Something isn't right here!!! You own a $50,000.00+ Corvette Convertible and 2 Chevy (not cheve) Camaro SS's and this is: 1-Your first new automobile, 2-you make 32K sound like alot with $$$$$ and 3-you dont care about gas milage. Either you have money or you don't but you brag of what you have in your first paragraph and bitch about how much your Jeep cost you in your second. I think you just want to start a little B.S. on the JK Forum.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

PFFFFFFFFFFF. thats all i have to say.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I could get my hands on an Iraq bullet ridden H1 and make it street legal I would.[/QUOTE]

They are the M1114's HMMWV (High Mobile Multi Wheeled Vehicles) and the price for one is over a 100K bone stock. I like My JK and have worked on the M1114's and personally the older version non armored M998 series even though naturally aspirated have more power then the turboed ones. less weight too. the M1114's weigh about 12,000lbs and more with everything added to them. as for the bullet riddled ones you will never see unless it was a drug deal to get it.. a majority of the parts come off and get replaced with new ones and if they end up comming back over stateside they completely get torn down to bare frame rails and if they are not perfect they get replaced and rebuilt to brand new condition. I know this because I have and am working with Military contractors Stateside, and Here over seas. You do have a chance of getting the older M998 series A1 or A2 modles at a local Military Auction, to get information go to the nearst Military base and contact the DRMO (Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office)

Last edited by Mutts08JK; 07-12-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

I'll be the first to tell you, I support your decision. Not because I think the JK is a bad product, but it's YOUR money! You don't need to ask us for permisson, this is just a community, a community dedicated to a common product, so of course you will probably not find the answers you want to hear here. However, hop over to a hummer owners group, and I'm sure you'll be welcomed with bells and whistles. All and all, its about you at the end of the day, no one else.

I purchased my JK to get out of my Grand Cherokee, I was coming up on 100k miles, had no warranty, the place where I bought it went bankrupt, and I though the engine was gonna fall out yesterday, no matter what day it was. To be honest, the first dealership I worked with was Toyota on a Tacoma, but they couldn't get my payments where I needed to be and wanted to play games, so I went elsewhere. Then, I went to Ford for an F-150, but the closets dealership refuses to carry a base model truck and would only get the Rancho Lariet Super Extreme Ultra $40k versions. I stumbled into a Jeep dealership after seeing a 4-door naked, and they WANTED my business, and did what was necessary to get me in the vehicle. They satisfied me as a consumer, so I have no regrets. Have never owned a wrangler, but for the month I've had it now, and the whole doors off, top down, trail ready experience has assured me that I will probably own one for the rest of my life, whether or not it's my daily driver. Why? Because it's fun, and life is too damn short to not be happy
Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

GO FOR IT!!

it was a very close call for me between a H3 or H2 PickUp that a local dealer here had, and the only reason I didnt go for them was cos the H2 is way to big for UK roads and the H3 was a 9mth wait and I needed to change quickly!

Dont get me wrong the 6-8wks I have had the JK have been amazing and I do love it but I do adore the Hummer and its relative exclusivity here
Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll chime in. I too am a big GM fan. I always have been. I would consider an H1 or an HMMV if the price was right. (Especially if I could get the HMMV could be street legal)

Having said that, I always wanted a Jeep even in high school. When Chrysler bought Jeep I became leery but still considered getting one. I think if the H# would of had a soft top and been a little cheaper, I would have considered it.

Also while I'm not overly impressed with the apparent quality of my JK. I am for the most part happy with it.

Do what you want. Be happy. Life it too short!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by sully151
See ya. So long. Adios. Nice Knowin ya. Don't for get to wave... oh wait Hummer drivers don't wave.
Hey that ain't exaclty true- I had one wave at me in Ohio the other day...with only one finger...maybe it was just 'half' of a peace sign?

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut