Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut

Old 07-12-2008, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the Hummer.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by sobeit69
...Not happy right now!
Cool. But the only three vehicles to rate worse than Jeep in the 2007 J.D. Powers quality survey were the Land Rover, Mazda and .. you guessed it! .. the Hummer. If you want quality, forget GM and all of the Japanese manufacturers and buy a Ford. As for me, I have none of the problems or complaints that you ascribe to your Jeep. I do have the flaky plastic on the dash, but that's a minor complaint and you didn't even mention it.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you get something that makes you happy. I haven't had any issues with my JK. It runs quiet and feels firm. My paint isn't chipping. The only rust I have experienced is on the diff. but rattle can fixed that pretty quick. Sorry you spent so much and feel dissatisfied.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

All the whining and bitchin', you already sound like a hummer owner!

Obviously if your having serious issues, envoke the lemon law. Hold you dealer accountable.

But I have a feeling, you really wanted a hummer, and are having buyers remorse!

Does the top come off the hummer?!? Oh yeah, it's not a Jeep!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

You know what? I really don't get the Hummer hate on. I mean, healthy joking and competition is fine but some people really take it too far.

I mean, they are gas guzzlers but its not like I am driving a prius. I think it is just a different kind of vehicle built for a different group of people.... Jeeps are for people more interested in off roading and tinkering with their vehicles. Hummers are for people who aren't that interested in the tinkering. And I have to say, I was working at GM when the H2 and H3 came out and drove one of the H2 almost vertical up an embankment. For a stock vehicle they handle nicely.

And I kind of like the new trucks that they are coming out with for 09.

I love my Jeep but if you think the Hums are for you, then enjoy. I don't like generalizing.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, sorry you got a JK that you feel is that bad.
We traded my wifes 99XJ in on a 4dr "X", auto and have not looked back. Our JK has got none of the issues you described, and she loves the JK.
Now about the Hummer. I had the oportunity to drive an H2 while on vacation in 03, and I was impressed with the sturdiness of the vehicle. It is huge, and the wife did not want to drive it at all on the streets of San Francisco. She felt it was just too large. Never did get to take the thing off road, so I can't really comment about it's capibilities there. Now on the other hand I also drove an H3 and what a letdown that was. it still appears to be large, however it feels so small and cramped inside.
IMO, the JK was the right choice for us. it has more room that her XJ had, and drives much better. Glad to say we do not have any of the clunking issues you discussed, and as far as I see it, our JK is every bit as sturdy as the H2 felt.
Since you feel that the JK has so many bad issues, then I would have to say go for the Hummer. With the way gas prices are today, I'm sure you can get a pretty good deal.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I cant say I think Hummers are silly bc most ppl think Wranglers are silly...I would never get one first off cuz I cant afford it, secondly I woould be scared to take something the cost so much offroad...I guess ull just get added to the FUH2.com pics when someone spots you!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that your unhappy. Don't like hummers but if it makes you happy go for it!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two questions to ask yourself:

1) Do you go off road?

2) Do you ever take the top/doors off?

If you answered yes to both these questions, you want to keep the JK. If you want a mall crawler and like the closed in feeling, buy a H3 or FJ they are good CARS.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sobeit69
...Im a Big GM FAN...
May not be a GM product much longer.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut