Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut

Old 07-11-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut

Ok I have my 2008 Sahara Unlimited with 4800 miles on it and every time I drive I feel like somthings going to fall off it. It make so many weird noises and clunks Im just waiting for the engine to fall off or for it just to blow up. I sold my 1998 TJ and didnt have one issue and not a spec of rust! My 2008 has more rust and paint pitting then my 10 year old TJ had on it. Anyways The Hummers are super cheap here in Chicago ,...You can pick up 2007's for about 30k...And thise things are built like tanks. Im a Big GM FAN ( have a 05 corvette convertible and 2 other cheve camaro ss)..Dont really care about gas mileage either. Just want somthing that will last....And lets face it..I cant see this New JK lasting or holding up for more than 5 years..Its seems like Jeep took all the recycled aluminum and melted it togehter and got the JK...Nothing is solid and Im really upset about it because this was my first Brand NEW automobile and cost $$$$$ 32K......Not happy right now!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

interesting. pretty sure you are not going to find many people on this forum in support of Hummer, but to each his own!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sobeit69
Ok I have my 2008 Sahara Unlimited with 4800 miles on it and every time I drive I feel like somthings going to fall off it. It make so many weird noises and clunks Im just waiting for the engine to fall off or for it just to blow up. I sold my 1998 TJ and didnt have one issue and not a spec of rust! My 2008 has more rust and paint pitting then my 10 year old TJ had on it. Anyways The Hummers are super cheap here in Chicago ,...You can pick up 2007's for about 30k...And thise things are built like tanks. Im a Big GM FAN ( have a 05 corvette convertible and 2 other cheve camaro ss)..Dont really care about gas mileage either. Just want somthing that will last....And lets face it..I cant see this New JK lasting or holding up for more than 5 years..Its seems like Jeep took all the recycled aluminum and melted it togehter and got the JK...Nothing is solid and Im really upset about it because this was my first Brand NEW automobile and cost $$$$$ 32K......Not happy right now!
Go for it, couple on here with H2s pulling same color 4-dr Rubi's behind them

If I could get my hands on an Iraq bullet ridden H1 and make it street legal I would.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

See ya. So long. Adios. Nice Knowin ya. Don't for get to wave... oh wait Hummer drivers don't wave.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Go for it. With the way gas prices are right now you can probably get a great deal on an SUT. I'm frustrated with the JK also. An SUT has a lot more power and probably a better ride then a JK.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree the JK is very poorly built, but I would never get an H2. To each their own I guess..

Don't forget the chrome spinners!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

You guys are talking blasphemy here...

Jeeps rule

Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
You guys are talking blasphemy here...
Blasphemy is disrespect for religious things. While I do like my Jeep, I wouldn't call it a religion.

I think is more like sacrilege - the disrespectful or irreverent treatment of something other people consider worthy of respect or reverence.

What I'm really trying to say is, don't dis da Jeep, dude! Many of us are in love with our rides! (or feel affection for, adore, devotion, passion, worship - wait! Maybe this IS a religion!)

However, sobeit69 (cool handle btw), if you really want a Hummer who am I to say if it's a crazy f'd up thing to say on a Jeep forum? Go for it! No. Really. GO for it. There's a Hummer forum too.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
JK Freak

Why are you telling us this, are you looking for permision? waiting for us to talk you out of it? Do whatever you want and don't look back. There's no need to tell everybody on this forum that our JK's suck.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You paid 32K for a Sahara? Somebody saw you comin. No wonder you're unhappy. You got bent over. Oh well. One less person to wave at.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Hummer Sut