Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Things to check when picking up Jeep from dealership

Old 04-08-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omaste
Check the body and interior for any damage. Once you leave they will say you did it. One time they backed the Intrepid in so I couldn't see the damage they did to the back. Another time there was a foot sized dent in the rear right door of the Jeep we bought. It was parked close to the wall in the service area. When I pulled away so my wife could get in she saw the damage. Voices in a big quiet building really travel. We heard the salesman tell the manager that "we saw the dent they put in the jeep." Both were new vehicles.
Dirty bastards. I would find another dealer...
Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure your velcro straps for the top are in there somewhere too .prob the glovebox or console
Old 04-08-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bpohio

I would have the salesman show you how to lower and raise the top before you leave.
video tape it and show us when he messes up!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Wish i had a video camera with me when i bought my Jeep. I am a first time Jeep owner so i had many questions. Had 2 salesman trying to show me the "right" way to put soft top on. Took them over an hour to finally get it right.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Cool

Thanks for all of the info guys, it sounds like a TON of things to check. I might be there until the dealership closes making sure everything looks and feels right...

Quick Reply: Things to check when picking up Jeep from dealership