Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thieves!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wesley8808

Anyone have a decent old, but recent, Verizon they could let me borrow?
I might be getting a new phone this next week. Im not to sure how their phone's work without the SIM cards with transfering data and giving it a new number but I have about a year old LG Dare that is still in pretty good condition that I could send to you. I am looking for one that has the blackberry capabilities. That is if I do get a new phone myself, so I will let you know. Sorry to hear about your jeep. I always make sure that everything is hidden
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

I decided to just leave my doors unlocked when my soft top is on in the summer. I would rather them just open the doors and see there isn't anything of value. The stock mygig with nav is of value but I doubt too many people would take the time for a Mopar radio and hey... that's why I have insurance.

If I do leave my Oakley's or anything of value I have tucked it on top of the sound bar as I would doubt many thieves would think to check there when in a hurry. I have thought about making a tray to fit up there that would be flush with the soft top sealing the gap. I would think you could push the top up to retrieve small items. Some small items can be stashed in the velcro cover of the rollbar temporarily. I've stuck my wallet in there when we took the kids to swim in a creek. I also have my garage door opener hidden in there and you can just push it without removing to open the door.

The bad thing is.... about three weeks ago my wife forgot to close the garage door, which is rare, and someone stole her wallet, TomTom GPS, iPod Nano and who knows what else. They could have just walked right into the house with us there. My stupid little dog that will bark at a mosquito never heard a thing. I had a severe case of the redass for two days.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doors off and soft top invites Aholes, so I bolted a steel lockbox in the trunk for recovery gear + whatever.

If they want gummy bears, let them take 'em, but I keep the gear I need.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My jeep got broken into back in febuary, luckily they set off the alarm and didn't get anything. After that i got a driveway alert system, perimeter sensor for the jeep, and a security cams just in case. I just found a pager system REALLY cheap on ebay. I plan to disconnect the perimeter sensor I had previously hooked into the stock alarm, and wire it into the pager system instead. I don't have anything of value in my jeep since it got broken into the first time, But I really have a hatred for thieves and want to catch any that may be in my area.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

my jeep is insured by Smith and Wesson. Actually a S&W M&P15...if you don't know what that is. Its this

Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Bastard's I hate thieves especially one's that mess with our jeeps
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wesley8808
Well, I had my JK broken into yesterday morning. Luckily, they unzipped the window and crawled in. Stole my cell phone, iPod touch, two packets of gummy bears (they must have been hungry), an empty backpack, and a portable inflator under my seat.

Luckily, they didn't open my MPAC pouches on the tailgate.

The irony is I was talking to someone about buying his hardtop, but couldn't get to a price I could afford. Now I wish I had bought it!

At least they didn't slash my windows and they left the one unzipped laying in the driveway.
YOUR AHEAD OF THE CURVE AS I LOOK AT IT. I HAD THE HARD TOP THEY THREW A STEEL GRATE THROUGH THE WINDOW AND THEN STOLE EVERYTHING I THOUGHT WAS REALITIVELY SAFE BECAUSE I HAVE A HARD TOP
Old 10-24-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-24-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racinfast002
my jeep is insured by Smith and Wesson. Actually a S&W M&P15...if you don't know what that is. Its this

They got some good deals on those m&p's right now. I built my AR from an Rguns reciever. Doesn't do ya any good when the bastards run away though.... lol.

Quick Reply: Thieves!!!