Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

These things are tough..

Old 12-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigback
Damn man. I don't think I have the gall to go that vigilante on someone like that. Shouldn't this have been dealt with when the police pulled her over and arrested her? Wouldn't the police report prove all doubt to your insurance company that you were not at fault and your insurance company takes care of it or takes care of it with her insurer? I just don't want to be left in a vulnerable position.
Since a warrant was issued I'm assuming they didn't catch her. His insurance company would have taken care of it, but it would have counted as a collision (some states it would anyway).
Old 12-20-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! Hit and run is a felony!

Glad to hear that these JK's can take some abuse from the rear. But what happens if you get hit from the side?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigback
Damn man. I don't think I have the gall to go that vigilante on someone like that. Shouldn't this have been dealt with when the police pulled her over and arrested her? Wouldn't the police report prove all doubt to your insurance company that you were not at fault and your insurance company takes care of it or takes care of it with her insurer? I just don't want to be left in a vulnerable position.

I kept in close touch with my insurance company, the thing was there was not much damage if you look on the back bumper on the passenger side there is a little part that comes off out from the rest of the bumper she krinkled that a little and thats all. The estemate to get that fixed was $315 bucks so I was not about to pay a $500 deductable to my insurance company. when I got in touch with the girl that hit me she totally admitted fault and said she didnt want to get involved with insurance companies and just sent me a check!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

That's all I have to say!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smosh2002
I kept in close touch with my insurance company, the thing was there was not much damage if you look on the back bumper on the passenger side there is a little part that comes off out from the rest of the bumper she krinkled that a little and thats all. The estemate to get that fixed was $315 bucks so I was not about to pay a $500 deductable to my insurance company. when I got in touch with the girl that hit me she totally admitted fault and said she didnt want to get involved with insurance companies and just sent me a check!
Sounds like mod money to me........
Old 12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKJosh
Sounds like mod money to me........
True that! Im looking at a Bulldog bumper!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default rear enders

I took a rear end hit about 2 weeks ago from a very large Caddie. took my rear tow hook in the right head light. Damage to JK, scuffed tow hook and scuffed bumper on left side. Damage to Caddie, totaled right side fender and no right side lights. Chick said she needed to get to work and wanted to get with me the next day, told her no, sit tight we had police on site very shortly, Caddie driver was ticketed for inattentive driving. I did have everything cleaned up at her expence anyway.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Ben
JK Freak

I have been run off of the road into a ditch and slid sideways in the wet grass to avoid tipping over. (Esp didn't do so great in the grass I guess,) I hit a mailbox pole on the driver's side rear of my mopar o/r bumper hard enough to bend the pole in the center and sling the jeep back around straight. Only damage to my jeep was a little bit of the powder coat was knocked through, but just a little bit, not very much.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
... still had her cell phone close to her ear. ...
Tests have demonstrated that driving while talking on a cell phone is just as dangerous as driving drunk. I believe it's even more dangerous because of all the folks who think that because they can talk and chew gum at the same time, they can drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time. It can't be made totally illegal soon enough for me. That includes hands-free: It's just as dangerous, folks.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Tests have demonstrated that driving while talking on a cell phone is just as dangerous as driving drunk. I believe it's even more dangerous because of all the folks who think that because they can talk and chew gum at the same time, they can drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time. It can't be made totally illegal soon enough for me. That includes hands-free: It's just as dangerous, folks.
And lets not forget people texting while driving, even worse.

Quick Reply: These things are tough..