Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is there such a thing as a roll bar addon for the rear?. 2dr.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there such a thing as a roll bar addon for the rear?. 2dr.

I have looked but what I have found is the front cage addon, nothing for the rear. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I thought I would ask the members here. I have been looking for a kit to add a cross bar to the backof my 2dr. My 8 y.o. son rides back there and I would like some more protection. I would also like to possibly hang some speakers back there. Forward facing for the day drive and rear for camping and overall notice!.

I have a soft top now and would like to get a hardtop soon. It would be nice if the bar could stay in place while folding the soft top and removing the hard top. I know enough about welding to get it on there if I have to and I have access to some welders at work.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?.....

Thanks all.

Gonzzo.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out Smittybuilt. I know they make a weld in kit that has a cross for the rear.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks!, ill look them up.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gonzzo
I have looked but what I have found is the front cage addon, nothing for the rear. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I thought I would ask the members here. I have been looking for a kit to add a cross bar to the backof my 2dr. My 8 y.o. son rides back there and I would like some more protection. I would also like to possibly hang some speakers back there. Forward facing for the day drive and rear for camping and overall notice!.

I have a soft top now and would like to get a hardtop soon. It would be nice if the bar could stay in place while folding the soft top and removing the hard top. I know enough about welding to get it on there if I have to and I have access to some welders at work.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?.....

Thanks all.

Gonzzo.
You could get some bars added to the cage if you don't mind the drive I know someone who builds cages and you can go that route
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are options...do a Google search for "jk weld in cage"
Old 06-15-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

poison spyder has full cage kits. they are a sponsor here on the forum also!

Quick Reply: Is there such a thing as a roll bar addon for the rear?. 2dr.