Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Are there any Doctors in the house?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fandango777
oldish thread but just wondering what kind of doctor everyone is? I feel like I need to decide if I want to attempt getting into medical school as I will be a freshmen in college this fall and would need to hit the ground running. My major is psychology I have two career paths in mind...

1) Psychology major, minor in business or entrepreneurship, graduate school. Work- open up a private clinical practice with other doctors and have techniques and practices geared toward teens that are not currently seen with the current "technology challenged and somewhat seasoned psychologist" I have big plans and dream big when it comes to helping others....

2) psychology major, pre medicine (work my butt off night and day), med school and figure out what kind of physical medicine im interested in ( I find many interesting)

not interested in becoming a psychiatrist as I cant see myself seating there writing prescriptions I need the feeling im doing good for others with hands on work like in counseling or a different kind of doctor......any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!
My son is in the process of being a medical doctor and from counselors and my doctor friends that you will figure out what type of doctor you want to be once your in med school and are exposed to all different fields.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a doctor, however i play one in the streets. I am a paramedic and starting to consider going to school for my PA. I bought a jeep for the freedom and relaxation. After a stressful day at work it is great to just go for a ride. Also works great for wilderness rescues.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave810
Not a doctor, however i play one in the streets. I am a paramedic and starting to consider going to school for my PA. I bought a jeep for the freedom and relaxation. After a stressful day at work it is great to just go for a ride. Also works great for wilderness rescues.
jeeps are so relaxing to go for a drive in you can drive rough off road and take out some stress and anger or pop the top of and just relax while your cruse down the road
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Emergency Medicine PA, started as a firemedic for many years, have had a number of Jeeps, but live on the beach now so there is no reason to drive anything else! In Dallas I drove the M3 or Mini CooperS all the time, but at the beach they have barely left the garage in the last year...

Quick Reply: Are there any Doctors in the house?