Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thanks Random Chattanooga Jeep Guy!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Random Chattanooga Jeep Guy!

so, I had to tell this story b/c it still amazes me sometimes the kindness i get from other people with jeeps. I had a small fender bender yesterday coming home from work. The Traffic was backed up badly on the freeway so i decided to take the back roads. While exiting the off ramp a Toyota Camry hits me in the back (not very hard...maybe 5-8 mph). As we pull off to asses the damage i see his car is MESSED up on the front end....Hood bent up, headlight busted, even looked like my Tow hook hit some of his radiator. i check out my jeep and i pretty much had a small scuff mark and a slight tear on my Stock bumper, oh yea and the tow hook had his white paint all over it. About 30 seconds after i pull off to the side another JK wrangler pulls up, identical to mine only nicer b/c he recently swapped out his stock bumpers for after markets, and offers me his old stock bumper free of charge because "he was just going to chuck em" LOL
Guy gives me his phone number and tells me i could pick it up whenever i wanted. What was a totally crappy event turned into a pretty great story and testament to how i believe a good majority of Jeepers are. My friends often joke about how its a lot like the Free Masons secret society, with the waves, and unsolicited generosity from other Guys/girls with jeeps. This is just one story i have of such generosity.
I'll try my best to pay it forward
So anyways Thanks Again Jeep guy from Chattanooga
Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Theboy02
so, I had to tell this story b/c it still amazes me sometimes the kindness i get from other people with jeeps. I had a small fender bender yesterday coming home from work. The Traffic was backed up badly on the freeway so i decided to take the back roads. While exiting the off ramp a Toyota Camry hits me in the back (not very hard...maybe 5-8 mph). As we pull off to asses the damage i see his car is MESSED up on the front end....Hood bent up, headlight busted, even looked like my Tow hook hit some of his radiator. i check out my jeep and i pretty much had a small scuff mark and a slight tear on my Stock bumper, oh yea and the tow hook had his white paint all over it. About 30 seconds after i pull off to the side another JK wrangler pulls up, identical to mine only nicer b/c he recently swapped out his stock bumpers for after markets, and offers me his old stock bumper free of charge because "he was just going to chuck em" LOL
Guy gives me his phone number and tells me i could pick it up whenever i wanted. What was a totally crappy event turned into a pretty great story and testament to how i believe a good majority of Jeepers are. My friends often joke about how its a lot like the Free Masons secret society, with the waves, and unsolicited generosity from other Guys/girls with jeeps. This is just one story i have of such generosity.
Just this morning I got an email from a guy on the forum saying the exact same thing. Here is an excerpt from his message:

"The warmth and generosity of the offroad & Jeep community is second to none. I have never met a core group of people more willing to help anyone, for any reason."

So nice to hear some good stuff in the world these days. Thanks for posting your uplifting message.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Getting rear ended is such a drag, glad your story had a positive and happy ending. That unknown Jeep owner gives us all a good example to try and live up to.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great story! i would do the same.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love to hear the great stories about the Jeep "League". Especially when it is about my home town. Mom went to Ringgold, Dad went to LFO, me and my brothers went to Gordon Lee. Still have that same 5 acres on Burning Bush. I miss that place, good people up there in NW GA.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Love to hear the great stories about the Jeep "League". Especially when it is about my home town. Mom went to Ringgold, Dad went to LFO, me and my brothers went to Gordon Lee. Still have that same 5 acres on Burning Bush. I miss that place, good people up there in NW GA.
x2 on that. I remember living in GA back in the early '90s (Go Braves!) and thinking that people down South are just so genuine and friendly. I know there are great people all over but I found them especially nice down there.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice. I live in Ringgold and went to LFO

My grandparents actually live off of Burning bush road too

defiantly good people down this way.....After this fender bender my wife was so upset. She was in the passenger seat...pregnant, hormonal, and tired of dealing with Insurance companies and paperwork. Our house was one hit in the Ringgold Tornado April 27th and we JUST now are starting to Finish up all the work to making things feel back to normal

This guy really made our day, And helped keep my jeep looking pristine
Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome story, when you pick up the bumper be sure to bring along something for that guy. A case of good I think would be perfect.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. I live in Ringgold and went to LFO

My grandparents actually live off of Burning bush road too

defiantly good people down this way.....After this fender bender my wife was so upset. She was in the passenger seat...pregnant, hormonal, and tired of dealing with Insurance companies and paperwork. Our house was one hit in the Ringgold Tornado April 27th and we JUST now are starting to Finish up all the work to making things feel back to normal

This guy really made our day, And helped keep my jeep looking pristine
Sorry to hear that about your house. my mom lost 2 friends in that tornado, it was a terrible day. When did you grad LFO? I grew up in Fort O mostly, palying ball there, etc. If you are betwwn 27-35 we probably know each other. Good luck with the re-build and the new addition.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear that about your house. my mom lost 2 friends in that tornado, it was a terrible day. When did you grad LFO? I grew up in Fort O mostly, palying ball there, etc. If you are betwwn 27-35 we probably know each other. Good luck with the re-build and the new addition.
I graduated in 2002 (i'm 27). I played a lot of ball down at the rec fields when i was younger, not so much as i got older. Started getting big into Music and picked up a guitar and put down the ball bat.

and thanks
A Lot of people had it worse then us....besides the roof being ripped off and my wifes car being flatted by a tree we walked away unscathed & we walked out with a new perspective on things. Now we have our first kid on the way. super excited/terrified all at the same time

i know it means less money for the jeep ....so i'm about to throw on some Duratracs and a Teraflex 2.5 BB before the kid comes

Quick Reply: Thanks Random Chattanooga Jeep Guy!