Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Terrified 35's

Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrified 35's

Hey all,

I have a 08 2DR on the Mopar 2" Suspension Lift with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Pro Comp rims with 4.5" backspacing. No flat fender flares, but I'm willing to buy wheel spacers if need be. I have the original stock bumpers as well. My old tires are bald, so I need new ones and I wanna bump up in size. I've asked all around the internet, but no one can give me a straight yes or no answer. I've researched and researched and can't find anyone else running the set up I want to. I'm a Freshman in college and have enough money for the tires I want, but I can't afford to get tires that don't fit and have to buy accessories to make it work..Ya know?

My question to you is:

CAN I FIT GOODYEAR MTR W/ KEVLAR 35x12.50R17's?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking yes they will fit.

Actual size is not a 35 anyhow. 35s fit stock, but you have 2 inches of lift. You have correct backspacing, and assuming you have bump stop extensions to limit your up travel a touch it should all work.

Assuming it doesn't, adjust your steering stops, or chop your fenders.

Either one of those just takes time and tools. If you or someone you know has the tools, its necessarily free.

Anyone else with some insight?
The op wants 35s, help em out
Old 04-14-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what i've read on here, they will fit. While offroad you'll rub.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
I'm thinking yes they will fit.

Actual size is not a 35 anyhow. 35s fit stock, but you have 2 inches of lift. You have correct backspacing, and assuming you have bump stop extensions to limit your up travel a touch it should all work.

Assuming it doesn't, adjust your steering stops, or chop your fenders.

Either one of those just takes time and tools. If you or someone you know has the tools, its necessarily free.

Anyone else with some insight?
The op wants 35s, help em out
Very helpful. Thank you! The lift came with bump stop extensions so hopefully they'll fit. Can't wait to sit higher!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have any rubbing you will be able to fix it somehow.

The means to change that are pretty affordable. Post some pics when you get those 35s!