Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Terrible Service

Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Service

I can't believe it. I took the Jeep in to the dealer for its 3000 mile oil change and service and for them to fix a squeak and a door sealant covered under warranty. I had to leave it over night because they were trying to locate the squeak. Left it over night and picked it up the next day. Everything was fine. A day later I find out that while putting the sealant on the door they dented the hood with the mirror and the squeak is now back. It's Sunday tomorrow so I'll call them first thing Monday. Will they give me problems with fixing the dent that I know for a fact was them? I'm worried about them giving me problems about it.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck with that. You have every right to be angry as youll prob have body work. Id def be ticked.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had something like that happen to me before now I make them do a walk around before and after. I understand stuff happens but be honest if they did it and told me it wouldn't be a big deal. Just my .02
Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright guys, here's what happened.

I show up today without a service appointment and I talk to the manager. I tell him about all of the little things wrong with the Jeep and how it's unacceptable and he was just telling me how everything was simple and an easy fix and I should make an appointment to bring it in. I also showed him the dent that was made from the workers while putting the new seal on the driver's side door and he said that the mirror didn't make the dent. I showed him how that when the workers were working on it they undid the harness that kept the door from slamming forward was unhatched how the mirror lined up exactly. He said why would they undo the harness? I told him that obviously they detached it to put the sealant on the door and how it lined up perfectly. He stopped arguing and said that I needed to speak to a service project manager and that he was not in today. I showed him the other concerns that I had with a lot of rust being on the underside from when I picked up the car new and he said that they no longer undercoat cars and that rust just occurs. I believe it but why would it rust like that? Seems like a poor design. Is this on all wranglers? It was like this brand new.

So, in all, I have the dent caused by the workers, a loose plug on the back tire cover, part of the hardtop when I take off the front that melts in the sun (we're talking New York sun), the rusting underneath, and a squeak that I had fixed last time, but it still squeaks while I'm on heavy gravel. Please someone tell me if I'm being ridiculous or anal. I'm sorry this is my first Jeep and I love it but some things just don't seem right. If anyone has any tips working with the service department at dealerships that would be great. I'm new to working with dealerships. I have attached a bunch of pictures that I took. I would appreciate it if you let me know if everything looks about right. Thanks!

Here are pictures: http://unfamed.net/jeep/
Old 07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

The rust on the iron drive train parts is normal. They will not change or fix that.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigback
when I picked up the car new
Some kitten somewhere just gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

if your new to dealerships this is normal customer service you will get from now on. ive never like said before in 30 some yrs of buying cars, trucks spending thousands have ever had a fair shake on any repairs its always something they screwed up like they don't care its not theirs . its sad. the only thing they understand is money or bad publicity might be the way to go . maybe a local tv station has a investigation team in indy its called channel 6 for help. they investigate the crooks put them on tv sometimes with there answers of why they took someones money or bad services
also take pics of the dent go get it fixed then sue them in small claims keep all paperwork. im not naming any bad dealerships im sure there are some someplace that might be good ive just not found any yet around here
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the main reason (aside from the fact that dealers are usually scumbags) that they are giving you a hard time is most likely how you approached the situation.

Bitching about the rust stuff...and then to top it all off bringing up the dent...

The dent should have been your main priority....especially considering you stated yourself that the rust was there when you bought it....if you noticed it on delivery then you should have said something right then and there....

Also from looking at the pics...it appears as if you have some scuffs and minor scratches in the general area of the dent....I would have cleaned that off prior to going back to complain....it looks like you got into an acident or whatever and are trying to roll then for the damages...While we all know that the "dimple is notorious and we all know what causes it.."

Bottom line rust normal...dent unacceptable....call your sales person...explain it to him...in a calm tone...see what he can get done for you...if not go straight to the top...and I don't mean at a dealership level go straight to corporate...you would be amazed at the difference in the level of customer service you receive.

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to jeep service! I inspect entire vehicle prior to dropping off/picking up. They damaged my front bumper and TRIED to place blame on me. Big dog finally replaced it on their dime, after I "bitched a fit". Everytime I have taken jeep in for something (way too many things), there is a new issue with a scratch, dent, ding, oil stain on seat covers, etc. Makes me sick to my stomach everytime I have to take the jeep in, wondering what next?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Default Only in the daylight

Another tip. Never if possible, pick up your vehicle at night when it is dark. You would be suprised what they can get by you that way.

Quick Reply: Terrible Service