Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teenagers may suprise you

Old 06-05-2009, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's cool that they recognize and appreciate nice things. That may help mold their young minds for good too!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Default Remember the tail.

Youthful indiscretion, we were all there, acid washed jeans, parachute pants & leg warmers (for the girls) bleached tails, (yah, I had one). "It must be eighty something" (great country song). In my job I have noticed youths are losing their social skills due to cell phones, texting, neglect from two working parents. Acknowledge them always, you will be surprised, sometimes they actually say hello back.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1JK's*
Ok, I was stopped at a red light the other day and watched as two teenagers (13-14) crossed the crosswalk in front of the Jeep. They were typical skaters with long hair, wearing all black, etc... My immediate thought was what a waste (yes I judged them based on how they looked). They kept staring as they crossed and made it across the street. I had the top down and could hear them talking and was waiting for a smart ass remark. They turned to me and said "nice Jeep". Suddenly the halos appeared above their heads and I thought to myself, what nice young men. Well maybe not, but I was caught off guard and could only manage to say thanks. Goes to show you that even potential juvenile delinquents can appreciate a good looking Jeep.
When I was in HS I had hair down to my, anyway I got pulled over on a weekly basis had my vehicle searched was kicked off the beach, put in cop cars. Everytime for the same reason they thought I did drugs, never have in my life. My dad would tell me just cut your damn hair and you won't have any problems. Of corse I did not listen, I think I liked wasting there time, until one day the cop threatened to plant stuff on me
Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w00dchuck
I tend to assess the "threat level" by inital appearance, I judge people by their actions.

Cool that they liked the Jeep
Maybe its cause I;m 6'5" but what is threatening about anyone?
Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

So let me get this straight. They're not a "waste" and possibly redeemed themselves as "potential juvenile delinquents" only because they commented positively on your Jeep?

Last edited by Spank; 06-05-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Wow... what a horrible life view. I'm sure if you saw me, you'd probably lump me in that same group. I'm 27, have piercings, skate, snowboard, wakeboard, ride a sport bike, etc. I also happen to own a Jeep, which I guess you would consider my redeeming quality. Ignore the fact that I'm a professional systems administrator, speak 4+ programming languages, speak 2.5 human languages, work for the company that (likely) provides all of your online search results and am going to be buying a house in the next month or two. All that and I'm a Republican (Libertarion , when it's not an election cycle) in California. Who cares though, since I look like what you'd initially judge as a "waste."

I think you've officially branded yourself a bigot. Congrats. I'm gonna go "waste" some more of my life... on my boat.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by junk
Wow... what a horrible life view. I'm sure if you saw me, you'd probably lump me in that same group. I'm 27, have piercings, skate, snowboard, wakeboard, ride a sport bike, etc. I also happen to own a Jeep, which I guess you would consider my redeeming quality. Ignore the fact that I'm a professional systems administrator, speak 4+ programming languages, speak 2.5 human languages, work for the company that (likely) provides all of your online search results and am going to be buying a house in the next month or two. All that and I'm a Republican (Libertarion , when it's not an election cycle) in California. Who cares though, since I look like what you'd initially judge as a "waste."

I think you've officially branded yourself a bigot. Congrats. I'm gonna go "waste" some more of my life... on my boat.
Tell em! I'll forgive you for being a republican.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigshow
Maybe its cause I;m 6'5" but what is threatening about anyone?
Size is an illusion of security. Where I live gangs run rampant and travel in packs, mostly armed from a screwdriver up to a gun. The bigger you are...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come on guys, don't hate on the teenagers, I'm 18!!!!! haha and I know a ton of questionable looking people that are really smart and just really nice people in general... So don't judge the book by the cover!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by junk

i like how you dis yourself and cry that somebody judged a teenager when your username is "Junk"... ohhhhh the irony.

People Judge Other People. - Fact. it's reality. some people don't like it, some cry about it, some brush it off and move on. Some just don't care.

anyway, good story.

i'm a teenager and i'll say one thing, some teenagers need to be judged by what they look like.

Last edited by Yamaha90; 06-05-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Teenagers may suprise you