Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teenagers may suprise you

Old 06-03-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teenagers may suprise you

Ok, I was stopped at a red light the other day and watched as two teenagers (13-14) crossed the crosswalk in front of the Jeep. They were typical skaters with long hair, wearing all black, etc... My immediate thought was what a waste (yes I judged them based on how they looked). They kept staring as they crossed and made it across the street. I had the top down and could hear them talking and was waiting for a smart ass remark. They turned to me and said "nice Jeep". Suddenly the halos appeared above their heads and I thought to myself, what nice young men. Well maybe not, but I was caught off guard and could only manage to say thanks. Goes to show you that even potential juvenile delinquents can appreciate a good looking Jeep.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

They have something to work for now

Cool!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tend to assess the "threat level" by inital appearance, I judge people by their actions.

Cool that they liked the Jeep
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

ya know, i have learned never to judge by appearance.

I am a fairly young guy (24) and i work with a guy who if i saw him on the street i would probably call him a freak of nature who is a dreg of society. Piercings galore, tattoos, mohawk... you get the point.

Anyway he has a Bachelors from boston university, has a wonderful girlfriend who dresses and looks "normal" and he has a great work ethic...

So not all is bad. Plus he breaks up the mundane work day when he comes in and announces a new tattoo or piercing
Old 06-04-2009, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

I never think of anyone as a waste or being a failure based on how they look. I do, however look at them as lost people looking for direction in life. Once people find direction, they turn into stand-up people.

Oh wait, no, sorry, its for "unique identity."
Old 06-04-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But they had long hair and were wearing black! There is clearly no hope for them....

Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joepile
dont judge a book....
Trust me, I try not to...but in my experiences I have found that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. My reason for telling this story is that not all is what it seems all the time. This was a breath of fresh air and helped remind me to not be so critical of people right off the bat and it helped to lighten my sometimes jaded view.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get a lot of youth around my area & that matter the church youth group I volunteer my time with every week...and 95% of the kids give me thumbs up, wave or come over and talk about the Jeep on how cool it looks with the doors and roof off! They talk about buying a Jeep when they are old enough to drive or have enough money. I just tell them to stay in school and keep their nose out of trouble and you will own a Jeep in no time!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would bet 95% of all kids no matter the look are good or will turn out good after getting over the challenge of being adult sized and child minded.
But, to be safe one must not ignore the risk based on looks. Sad, but prudently true.
What can I say I live in a city filled with guns and gangs.
Not that I am much different I got the guns but belong to a gang of one.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Well we aren't all a bunch of old white rednecks y'know.

If the teenagers bother you, its because you're old.

Quick Reply: Teenagers may suprise you