Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teen’s 16th Birthday Wrangler Stolen

Old 03-07-2016, 11:01 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teen’s 16th Birthday Wrangler Stolen

To be surprised with a Jeep Wrangler for your 16th birthday, and then have it stolen, has to be one of the worst feelings in the world.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 03-07-2016, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope they had insurance.

What's with parents these days? I get that parents buy cars for their kids and all that, but showing up to surprise the kid with a car, in front of the entire school? Talk about image-shaping and making other kids jealous.

If I had to bet, someone from school ripped it off, or someone at school knows someone that knows how to boost a car, just to mess with the kid. Seems too coincidental.

I hope the kid gets it back...and that he learns something from the experience, if anything, to make sure your stuff is insured...
Old 03-07-2016, 01:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I too surprised my son by picking him up from a football game at school in his new Jeep Wrangler. Well, it was a 98 TJ and we bought it in 2009, so it wasn't really new. I remember when I was in high school in 1980's. A girl with a rich father was given a brand new Camaro on her 17th birthday. Crashed it within the month. Having said that, my children are incredible, trustworthy, grounded kids. If I could have afforded it, I would have bought them new cars. I'm their mechanic and it would have saved me lots of headaches.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate theives. they should be shot and dumped into a mass grave.

Quick Reply: Teen’s 16th Birthday Wrangler Stolen