Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tearing of 2012 Quadratec Liners/Mats

Old 08-03-2012, 09:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tearing of 2012 Quadratec Liners/Mats

Purchased the 2nd(?) generation of Quadratec's floor liners in Jun 2012. Fit very well, heavy rubber. Like the style. Only issue I have found is the anchor/hook in the floor tends to tear the hole provided in the liner. This is in regards to the front-seat liners only, ofcourse.

This issue is due to me pressing the liner forward while driving, putting pressure between the anchor/hook and the mat's hole. This tear developed within 1000 miles of use.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	349200

Have found a remedy by placing a flat washer (M14 size I used, for example. Galvanized preferred) over the anchor/hook. This washer will then fit inside the mat's hole. This distributes the pressure of the hook over a wider area within the hole, stopping the achor/hook from tearing the mat. Also, the shape of the hook tends to keep the washer from flipping out.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	349203

Just wanted to throw this out there to help new owners of these mats, in case they drive similar to me. 6'4" may be a factor, I don't know. Or I need to relax. Hope it helps keep your mat in good shape. They're great mats.

Last edited by ladolcevitablack; 08-03-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not a bad idea. Mine were ripped farther than yours before I noticed them. Kinda makes me upset. If I get a new pair I will use this trick for sure. They should reinforce the area from the start.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, good tip. Just bought RR mats and I'll use some washers. I was a little disappointed with the material on these mats. It's nice but a little harder than I expected. I had some soft rubber slush mats on an old Mercedes suv that showed literally no wear after 250k miles and 13 yrs. Wish these were the same rubber.

Quick Reply: Tearing of 2012 Quadratec Liners/Mats