Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Talk me out of a Rubicon

Old 07-07-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, for this to work you have to do exactly as I say. Put your arm behind your back like your trying to scratch between your shoulder blades from underneath. Alright? Now get up and read what I'm saying as you stretch your arm to the point of being uncomfortable.
"You're not going to buy that rubicon! You're just going to buy the sport and be happy with it!" Are you stretching your arm to the point of being uncomfortable? This will not work unless you do that you know. "Get that rubicon out of your mind! You can't afford it! SAY UNCLE! SAY UNCLE!"

Hope that helps.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had 4.10s
Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember a while ago there was a thread on here about "How did you pick your Jeep."

There was one response from someone after my own heart, "I didn't pick my Jeep, my Jeep picked me."

That was the case with my first Jeep and my current Jeep.

I say rather than spend too much time rationalizing it, when you find the Jeep that just screams at you "take me home!" buy it regardless of the model.

Jeeps hold their value really well, so after you gain some Jeepin' experience, you can always trade up.

I think buying a Jeep is more like picking out a puppy and less like picking out a "car."
Old 07-07-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

I'm happy with my sport and hit just as many trails as alot of the rubi's we go with . If you're gonna turn it into a hard core offroad rig you will end up doing mods to the rubi ,just like you would to a sport. but you will have not wasted the extra money on the rubi. thats my
Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by benny
Ok, for this to work you have to do exactly as I say. Put your arm behind your back like your trying to scratch between your shoulder blades from underneath. Alright? Now get up and read what I'm saying as you stretch your arm to the point of being uncomfortable.
"You're not going to buy that rubicon! You're just going to buy the sport and be happy with it!" Are you stretching your arm to the point of being uncomfortable? This will not work unless you do that you know. "Get that rubicon out of your mind! You can't afford it! SAY UNCLE! SAY UNCLE!"

Hope that helps.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 AM
JK Freak

I can't my feeling is rubi all the way
Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the Rubicon because I planned on adding a winch and wheeling stock. Also, the payment was the same as the 06 LJ I had. It is true that your gas mileage will suffer with the lower gears. Once I tear up these tires, I'll get bigger tires and wheels and some Metal Cloak flares to clear them. I figure I will get at least two years out of these tires with the weekly trips I take to Superlift ORV park.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you can't swing the extra bucks for the Rubicon payment, will you be able to pay the credit card payment, at higher interest, when you start modding it? For us, it was easier to pay the few extra dollars a month for the Rubicon to get all the stuff we would have added later anyhow.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimk403
If you can't swing the extra bucks for the Rubicon payment, will you be able to pay the credit card payment, at higher interest, when you start modding it? For us, it was easier to pay the few extra dollars a month for the Rubicon to get all the stuff we would have added later anyhow.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:23 AM
DJV
JK Newbie

I'll tell you the interior isn't something I wanted to mod, which is why I went best interior and worried about the off road and flashy looking mods for the exterior and undercarriage. GO SAHARA! Especially as a daily driver. I had a 2.5" lift, new rims and 35s put on immediately. Which ate up the $3k I saved from a stock rubi and have the nicest interior, which I appreciate more on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of a Rubicon