Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Taking my new girl wheeling tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine has it right: with kids and city women, make sure their first 6-10 times in the outdoors are PERFECT. Perfect weather. Perfect food. Perfect company. Perfect everything. Once they've had all those positive experiences, they'll be hooked for life. Then it's OK to push them more.

You might throw in a tent and a couple of sleeping bags in case something breaks and you wind up spending the night.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G520
Lol! We are going to Hall Valley near Jefferson, CO. Going with some other friends. But you can come too... The more the merrier.
How do you like Jefferson, CO? I recently found out my uncle has a cabin there and he said I can use it whenever I want. It's a real cabin, no electricity, no water, just an outhouse and a near by spring.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Well..... She liked it! And it was a bad day for wheeling too. 25 mph winds, 45 mph gusts, 34 degrees and cloudy. Snow pack prevented us from going over 10K feet. She told me she would like it even more, with ideal conditions. I was glad to hear that.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rippin Lipz

How do you like Jefferson, CO? I recently found out my uncle has a cabin there and he said I can use it whenever I want. It's a real cabin, no electricity, no water, just an outhouse and a near by spring.
The area is nice. Depending where the cabin is, it could be flat terrain. Its right over the Kenosha Pass.

There is some good wheeling up there. Hall Valley and Beaver Creek are both fun. Red Cone is an hour away and many more!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there any snow down lower, like right after the pass when you hit that valley. I was thinking china wall sometime soon
Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by justbandit55
Was there any snow down lower, like right after the pass when you hit that valley. I was thinking china wall sometime soon
In some places there were large drifts. The snow gets deeper as you head into the trails. But just along 285, not much snow.

Quick Reply: Taking my new girl wheeling tomorrow.