Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which T-case failed.
Rubicon Rocktrac
63.64%
Standard T-case ( X/Sahara)
36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

T-Case Failures. Who's had them?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I was going to buy f/r DS, but not now. ill keep my stock DS
Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoCk-NeSs MoNsTeR
This pic is of a TC on a 2007 JK Rubicon and has a vibration damper. Does anybody know why Jeep didn't bother to install these in the 2008 and up? Has anyone had a transfer case explosion with one of these on their TC? All of the pics I've seen of explosions don't have one and I'm wondering if it would be worth finding as insurance.
Wouldnt that be some shit if this is the root of the problem, dumb ass chrysler wanted to cut costs by removing the harmonic balancers. Maybe its a warranty void technique
Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 4x4 shifter was hard as he'll to shift this last blizzard.... I hope it was just cause it was freezing...
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't have a tcase explosion yet, but did have the pinion bearing (next to yoke) go in my front diff. Roller cage disintegrated and the rollers went wild. Replaced it and now notice side to side play in the front output shaft of my tcase. I have noticed no vibrations at all. I suspect that it is there, but not audible or noticeable.

Have all the modifications that seem to cause the problem.

Mike
Old 04-30-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are there any confirmed cases of t-case failures with 2.5 inches of lift and stock drive shafts? Or is this isolated to larger lifts and aftermarket shafts?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VaNomad0530
I checked out the poll results on this though and have only seen that 18 people have actually voted on this....does that mean that only 18 people have had recorded failures? I noticed that over 3,000 have viewed the poll. I'm just trying to figure out if this is something that I really need to worry about right now. It's definitely something that'll be on my mind.

X1000000. And here I was considering a re-gear.............

Quick Reply: T-Case Failures. Who's had them?