Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Support The Jeep Wave

Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
I waved to an Unlmited today and got a return wave. I almost fell out of my seat! And that's not good, because my doors are off.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone waves here in L.A... modded, stock, TJ's, JK's, 2-doors, 4-doors... I very rarely wave and don't get a wave back, and half the time they wave first!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

I find that many TJ owners act like they don't even see you coming. The JK drivers are good at waving, even the soccer moms. I used to exchange waves when I had my Liberty. Being that it was modded and wheeled probably helped.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
I've been waving ever since I got my Jeep. In Gainesville I've managed to get a lot more people waving than they were before. Although it could be I'm one of the few that drive with no top and no doors.
I seem to get more waves & lots of thumbs up from other drivers as well with the doors and top off....as I am the only one around our small town that drives with doors and top off. Sometimes I get dumb looks when I am driving top less and doorless in -5 C.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I seem to have been getting more waves since the weather has been getting better. I also switched from the hard top to the soft one recently and seem to be getting a better wave response than before, even in my girly Sahara

As far as JK's go, I get the most returned waves from Rubicons...presumably because they're less likely to be mall crawlers...
Old 04-24-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Always wave at other Jeep Wranglers.....get way more waves from older Wrangler Jeeps. The JK's are a different story... I am lucky to get 1 wave out of 25 to 30. They look dumb founded when I wave.
When I got my YJ they were new and CJ owners reacted similar to them as everyone reacts to JK's now... "that's a new Jeeper and is probably a 'mall rat' and therefore knows nothing of the Jeep wave." And worse, since they had "those dang square lights", and they were "widened", and it was more "car-like" in ride and interior than the CJ (sound familiar), AND they were not AMC, therefore they were not a REAL Jeep and didn't deserve the wave.

After a coupla years everyone warmed up to the YJ and the brotherhood resumed.

Then when I got my TJ (aka Trendy Jeep) it was the same thing all over again.

Now I have my JK (and the 4-door non-the-less) and here we go. I now get lumped in with Soccer Moms. And I do see them all the time...
This too will pass in another year or so.

With my YJ I was the newb. It actually took me a few waves before I figured it out. Then, my brother, who owned a VW Thing noticed a jeeper waving at us one day and he said "Hey, Jeep guys wave the same as us Thing drivers did. That's cool. Except with the Thing wave it was more of a 'oh, you were stupid enough to buy one of these too.' "

I still wave. Always will. They are new.
After all I figure they bought the Jeep for a reason and sooner or later they will figure it out; and either it will get in their blood forever (and they will sink every available dime they have into it), or they will sell it after a year (maybe 2) and never look back.

Ok, I got my 2cents in.

...I got about a nickle's worth, but I'm saving it.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Freedom tops off, all 4 doors off, I got waved at a lot today....by Jeeps, and Toyota's, a H3, a lexus..course my kids were waving at everyone that stared at us!!

Doorless....man what a rush!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Been waving for damn near 30 years now!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

A TJ owner I know said flat out, "I won't wave at 4 door Jeeps".
Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
A TJ owner I know said flat out, "I won't wave at 4 door Jeeps".

Now see that? ...where's the love? Where's the brotherhood?

Why can't we all just get along?

I am thinking that the one's who need edumacatin' are the one's who know but refuse based on bias.
At least the newbies have the chance to figure it out. They neglect to wave out of ignorance.

you see, it's an issue of ignorance vs. stubbornness.

Quick Reply: Support The Jeep Wave