Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stupid question about Train Horns...

Old 03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look on eBay and just buy the horn with built in compressor, no tank.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Or you could go all out and just buy a complete OBA system and then just add the solenoid and horns from Hornblasters to the OBA manifold?

Can ya tell that I've already thought through this a million times in my head already?
$250 for a kit with everything I need included is what I'm aiming for, not up to spending more. Even on mounting brackets. Trust me, id love the ones used on real locomotives, but the low-end model will do the trick just fine.

Another question... can the tank hold air and be ready at all times? Like, say I just wanna blow the horn...I dont have to wait for the compressor to fill the tank and them blow the horn do I?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lancejk
Look on eBay and just buy the horn with built in compressor, no tank.
So, I can buy a air horn without a tank and just run it through the compressor? Now you lost me...
Old 03-26-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

I think I paid $20 for mine shipped. Scares the hell out of the morning drivers, that cut me off on my daily commute, also no wait time as it's a compressor direct to horn. Wired to a push button switch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1719694416.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	295926  

Last edited by Lancejk; 03-26-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lancejk
I think I paid $20 for mine shipped. Scares the hell out of the morning drivers, that cut me off on my daily commute, also no wait time as it's a compressor direct to horn. Wired to a push button switch.
Yea, but that's sort of a "cheapo" horn. I found out that the tank will hold air for the day and will be readily available when I push the button for the horn. That's primarily what I was worried about, if I wanted to use the horn, did I have to wait for the compressor and tank and then push the button. Would kinda defeat the purpose of a quick "scare/alert". I'm looking for a cheap TRUE train horn, but not some $20 cheap air horn. No offense to yours, so don't get all bent outta shape now
Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

No problem, not upset at all, that's the route I wanted to go so when I fill it with water and mud it won't matter. I have a viair comp and tank for my tires, you should consider that root and then purchase the air horn separate.

And ps: screw you lol

Last edited by Lancejk; 03-28-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Stupid question about Train Horns...