Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stuck in a tire

Old 11-06-2021, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in a tire

Look what I found in my brand new 37s boys !! F'n wheel weight. What's the craziest thing you've found in your tire?

Old 11-06-2021, 11:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

A six inch spike in my dad's four year old '65 pony interior Ford Mustang. He wasn't very happy with me: "What? It to be bigger so you could see it before running over it?" This was back in the day when steel-belted radial tires were all the rage and lifetime warranted against punctures. He had just put Michelins on it.

Then there was the pebble that punctured my trail buddy's tire as we descended Atigun Pass. It was so soft that it fell apart even as we removed it from the tire. It was the second flat he had during that trip, both above the Arctic Circle, the other in Canada. That other one was about a five or six inch, 1/4 inch diameter metal rod. Fortunately, we were both carrying two spare tires. If you're interested in video of the pebble incident, you can see it here starting about 8:20 ...

Old 11-07-2021, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I once had a piece of plastic puncture my Goodrich M/T tire. What made it embarrassing was that I was parked right at the front door at a BMW dealer buying a car for my wife. The salesperson was getting pissed at me because I declined all of their extra warranties. The last one I declined was for tire hazards and he was trying to make me feel stupid. This was just as the place was closing. I then walked out to leave to find my Jeep tire 100% flat. The salesman then walked by and saw me jacking it up to change it.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

That's an interesting way to balance a tire
Old 11-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

I feel for you. Was the tire a throw away or delegated to the spare rack?
Old 11-07-2021, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
I feel for you. Was the tire a throw away or delegated to the spare rack?
Plugged it for now. Just spent a few hundred swapping ujoints and brakes so tires right now were a no bueno. Let it sit for a day. Been riding it around.. seems alright for the short term.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

If it is not already - at least haveit on the rear. Up here most tires we buy have a Road Hazard Warranty that covers that.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a goat leg bone end a tire's life years back in an old Montero.

Other than that, I seem to pick up bolts, nails, metal scraps, thorns, wood and anything else in a 3 mile radius. Haha, I don't have good luck with flat tires.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast
Veteran: Air Force

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought this was a whole 3/8" extension, but it was an impact driver adapter:

Old 11-16-2021, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Just a take away folks from other peoples demise - couple of times a year I run a magnet on wheels around the front street and in the back alleyway for these very same reasons. The magnet is powerful and picks up most stuff even if it is only contains a little bit of ferrous metal. Usually get drywall screws and nails.
A bit of hijack for Amok: Who sells those control arms on your Jeep?

Quick Reply: Stuck in a tire