Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stuck Jeep, Stolen Tires, and Recovery

Old 09-20-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that really sucks!!! But to be honest you are lucky thats all that happened. Around here it wouldve been stripped AND every piece of glass wouldve been smashed. People around here are assholes when they find an abandoned stuck vehicles in the woods. Especially if its kids on ATVs/dirtbikes that find it. A few years ago they completely smashed up a truck and then lit in on fire. I think it was a bunch of 13-15 year old kids that did it.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What a bunch of assholes.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to hear about that man. glad the ins is pickin up the tab. about 6 years ago i buried my xj in some deep mud on a blm trail. had to hike down and call a friend. on the way back up the trail in his truck a guy passed us in a dodge ram, lifted, fenders all cut up, with confederate flag stickers all over it. i thought, man, i dont remember seeing that guy up there. we get back to my xj and all windows were broken, including the windshield, and my $2,500 stereo was gone. they broke the dash all apart to get it all out, ripped off my door panels to get the componets out, etc. and i didnt have full coverage on it. bad deal. moral of these stories: NEVER wheel alone.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryno
Someone from the Northeast. In the West someone would have seen that the abandoned Jeep was stuck and winched it out without any expectation of recompense.

And that's why I will never move to the Northeast.
Assholiness is not geographically constrained. I have lived in several states

In all actuality, Colorado was the worst in my experience for offroad numbphuks.

Nothing against Co, but that was my experience. Mostly around Aspen/Golden area. (imported losers from other states, probably only there for the skiing)

Believe me, I am NOT defending New Yuck, just ran into jerks everyywhere.

For the OP, man I am sorry someone sconged your tires, that really sucks. I hope they find them, and let you do a little private discussion with them.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 09-21-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

weren't there supposed to be some pics?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

sorry about that man,that winch is moving up higher on my priority list.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry to hear about that man.... That is one bad day indeed. This is when you hope Karma comes back to bite the assholes HARD!!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by norcalJK
sorry to hear about that man. glad the ins is pickin up the tab. about 6 years ago i buried my xj in some deep mud on a blm trail. had to hike down and call a friend. on the way back up the trail in his truck a guy passed us in a dodge ram, lifted, fenders all cut up, with confederate flag stickers all over it. i thought, man, i dont remember seeing that guy up there. we get back to my xj and all windows were broken, including the windshield, and my $2,500 stereo was gone. they broke the dash all apart to get it all out, ripped off my door panels to get the componets out, etc. and i didnt have full coverage on it. bad deal. moral of these stories: NEVER wheel alone.

Sorry to hear about that man, theres no other way of saying it, some people are just a$$holes
Old 09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, sorry for the delay everyone, i was delayed getting the pics from my friend who winched me out, they should be up soon
Old 09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Super Freak

MAN...as if they didn't already notice you were having a SHITTY day by getting stuck in tha first place.....that's just adding insult to injury!!!....glad insurance is paying for it!!!

Quick Reply: Stuck Jeep, Stolen Tires, and Recovery