Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stubby ends on an XHD? Or are they modified?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stubby ends on an XHD? Or are they modified?

If anyone has seen the April 2011 Jp Magazine, on the back of the front cover there is a Skyjacker Suspension advertisement... I was just noticing that on the green and red JK that is pictured in the add, they have what looks like the Rugged Ridge bumper with the front stinger. What really interested me though is that on that particular bumper, are what appears to be "stubby" end caps. I wonder if these are just modified regular ones, or maybe a prelude of what to expect from Rugged Ridge in the future. That would be cool since they do look pretty good.

I hope I haven't broken any forum rules mentioning any of this. If so, then please remove this post and accept my appologies.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
If anyone has seen the April 2011 Jp Magazine, on the back of the front cover there is a Skyjacker Suspension advertisement... I was just noticing that on the green and red JK that is pictured in the add, they have what looks like the Rugged Ridge bumper with the front stinger. What really interested me though is that on that particular bumper, are what appears to be "stubby" end caps. I wonder if these are just modified regular ones, or maybe a prelude of what to expect from Rugged Ridge in the future. That would be cool since they do look pretty good.

I hope I haven't broken any forum rules mentioning any of this. If so, then please remove this post and accept my appologies.
Those ends were modified by Skyjacker. We will have new stubby bolt on ends by the end of summer. Wanted to do this from the start but made sense to keep the product line fresh 3 plus years into it.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
Those ends were modified by Skyjacker. We will have new stubby bolt on ends by the end of summer. Wanted to do this from the start but made sense to keep the product line fresh 3 plus years into it.
Thanks for the reply! I will be ordering my XHD bumper set just as soon as I get my tax return.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge

Photos, concept drawings, anything???

Quick Reply: Stubby ends on an XHD? Or are they modified?