Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The story of River Raider and the USPS

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your bad luck. I know it sucks when we order products and things don't go right.

On the other hand, I have the narrow fender flares from River Raider. I ordered them seperately.. I got front about a year ago and I got the rear ones a couple months ago. Both times they were shipped to my door within 5 days and the quality of these are insane. Tough as hell and they're one of the only aftermarket products I've owned that actually had REALLY GREAT powdercoating. I don't see these things ever chipping or rusting. Those fender flares are probably the parts that I am most happy with on my Jeep.

So, once again, sorry about what happened to you. I think it's just every person for themself when it comes to ordering products.. I know a lot of people have had issues with quadratec and I have never once had any problems

Katelyn
Old 08-05-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Totally agree. I have a friend who has the hood mounts and he loves them. Which is part of the reason I ordered mine. I don't like to hate companies and I try to give them every opportunity to make things right. Just seems like in this instance, I wasn't a priority to them or the USPS. I hope it gets resolved satisfactorily and I am proven wrong.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow. Bashing River Raider for a delivery company's screw up. May be you should concentrate more on said shipper's problem. I have personally been to their shop. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with them. They have a phone transfer system. When you make a call to their company, it goes to whoever is at the landline. It then gets transfered to someone that may be out of the area on a cell if need be. They are a professional outfit that happens to have times when the person you need to talk to is in the field. That is called "testing". I own my own business and do the same thing.
There are legitimate complaints on some vendors that promise on date and don't deliver. But, damn. The delivery company screwed the pooch and people should be warned of doing business with RROR?
This is the reason I would never subscribe to Angies list.
By the way, I got my Benchmark oil pan in 8 days and my Shrockworks stubby in 4 days. I must be awesome or the upper percent that doesn't use the internet for my own cryfest. PM the owner and you'll be fine.

I just got through with basically the same thing at my shop this week, so sorry if I'm bitchy.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04 RUBI
Wow. Bashing River Raider for a delivery company's screw up. May be you should concentrate more on said shipper's problem. I have personally been to their shop. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with them. They have a phone transfer system. When you make a call to their company, it goes to whoever is at the landline. It then gets transfered to someone that may be out of the area on a cell if need be. They are a professional outfit that happens to have times when the person you need to talk to is in the field. That is called "testing". I own my own business and do the same thing.
There are legitimate complaints on some vendors that promise on date and don't deliver. But, damn. The delivery company screwed the pooch and people should be warned of doing business with RROR?
This is the reason I would never subscribe to Angies list.
By the way, I got my Benchmark oil pan in 8 days and my Shrockworks stubby in 4 days. I must be awesome or the upper percent that doesn't use the internet for my own cryfest. PM the owner and you'll be fine.

I just got through with basically the same thing at my shop this week, so sorry if I'm bitchy.

Well, let's see...

River Raider never sent me an email regarding my first order, or contacted me in any way, to let me know the item had shipped.

River Raider did not return my first two phone calls.

River Raider shrugged off my third phone call, when I asked where my initial shipment was.

River Raider has not answered their phone since they told me the items had shipped the second time, despite multiple calls to them.

So basically you're saying that even though I spent my money with their company, I should excuse them from keeping in contact with me about an order that I have yet to receive, even though it has supposedly been sent twice?

And if you'll notice, I never truly bashed them. I simply relayed my experience. And if you'll notice a second time, I did a fair amount of bashing, regarding the USPS. I also echoed Teraflex's comment about not using the USPS as a shipper.

Got any other comments, sport?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

I have to agree with Carl Spackler. He didn't bash RR even though they have been less than understanding. RR decided to use a less than superior carrier for delivery, so that also makes them to blame. I feel the same way with vendors who offer things that they don't have in hand. I get sick of ordering things and 2 days later I get an email saying it back ordered.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

Its a toss up still on who to blame, RR or USPS. Ive seen alot of people on here order RR items and all but 1 had issues, this makes 2. The issue with USPS is just personally hard to believe with me. Sure, their tracking isnt the best, but they dont make mistakes often. I am at the post office Monday-Saturday shipping stuff for the company I run out of the house. 5 websites, all ship through USPS, at least 15 packages a day, some days have over 40. I hardly ever have any customer complaints about shipping. The only time i can think if there is an issue, is if the shipping address was typed wrong from the start (not saying thats the issue here). But all of our customers are usually surprised by how fast they get their items. But for RR to not answer their phone is not good service. But you seem to be one of the rare cases where there is an issue. Just bad luck sometimes when ordering stuff. I hope you get a refund taken care of, or a discount if you do end up with the item. Hope everything works its way out and is resolved.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just received an email from the owner of River Raider and he promised me he would personally take care of this, which is all I wanted on the first place.

Although I do think this could have been resolved more quickly than it is, as a customer, it makes a big difference when the owner of a company steps up and does the right thing. And hopefully this will be resolved quickly. If it is, it's only one black mark. And there's not one company in the world that doesn't have hiccups from time to time. Of course, I don't know that I would include the USPS in that statement.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, it was resolved a lot quicker than I had anticipated. I spoke with Kenny (the owner) this afternoon. He apologized for any trouble I was having and assured me he would do whatever it took to make things right. I told him that it was nice to see a company step up like his was. They were at an event today, but he said come Monday, he would make sure I got my mounts quickly.

But I was pleasantly surprised to find out I didn't have to wait that long. My girlfriend went out to the mailbox and the second set that had been shipped were in there! Even though RR shipped them overnight on Wednesday, the USPS didn't do anything with them until yesterday (according to the label). So much for RR paying the extra for overnight shipping.

Have to say I'm satisfied. Not completely, because if that were true, none of this mess would have ever happened. But Kenny and his company made things right and I will definitely be doing business with them in the future.

I've been drooling over that RR snorkel for some time now. Hmmm...
Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

hopefully you can get a little discount on it.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

I'll chime in a little here. I live in the same town as River Raider. I've never actually been over to the shop but plan on going soon, but know guys that have. Everyone that's met Kenny says how nice a guy he is and is amazed at the stuff he turns out with such a small business. IMO every company screws up (i have no clue who's fault this was) but it's how they correct the screwups is what counts. Personally, I would have no problems buying anything from RROR.

Quick Reply: The story of River Raider and the USPS