Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Storage (Back Seat) JK

Old 03-18-2016, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage (Back Seat) JK

I've discovered when going on off-road excursions, while packing snacks, camera and etc. I seem to be lacking a good storage method. Taking tote bags don't seem to work so well. I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on how to keep everything organized back there (two-door JK) and not tossed around in a bad mess.

Ok, so I acknowledge being better organized is the key. But how!?! Are there any good storage ways you've had success with? Going on a road trip this summer and I'm a bit nervous about our current set up of floppy tote bags.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sesquius
I've discovered when going on off-road excursions, while packing snacks, camera and etc. I seem to be lacking a good storage method. Taking tote bags don't seem to work so well. I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on how to keep everything organized back there (two-door JK) and not tossed around in a bad mess.

Ok, so I acknowledge being better organized is the key. But how!?! Are there any good storage ways you've had success with? Going on a road trip this summer and I'm a bit nervous about our current set up of floppy tote bags.

with or with out rear seat?
Old 03-18-2016, 08:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2 dr doesn't have a back seat either but I just don't have enough room to store everything I need.

If I'm going on a multi day camping or hunting trip, might sound tacky, I rent a uhaul trailer and load it up. Still weighs much less than towing capacity but also makes it quick to drop everything and get down to business.

Just keep tools, arms, cooler and miscellaneous in the jeep, all the camping and base gear in the trailer.

Just my opinion, it works for me. Last trip to Moab I rented for couple hundred bucks for 10 days. We stayed in a hotel, so the trailer was not fully loaded. But being able to bring everything is worth it.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I had a 2 door I used

Bestop saddle bags, very nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-290N5F5Jc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PTwkHWuQTM
At the roof I used a raingler net for storage
Old 03-19-2016, 12:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

my raingler net at the ceiling

Can load a lot of soft stuff

Old 03-19-2016, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

For the daily, I use my back seat to keep things separated front and back but on trips it leaves. You can get a larger cooler in the right hand size and then pack all around it. I can't seem to find a picture now but that's how I pack for camping. I've tossed around the idea of a trailer but gas mileage is already rough on longer highway trips. A trailer would be death.

Also- you'll see two different styles of packing. Those with hard tops can fit more because you're alright to lean things on the windows. I don't have anything sticking up over the top of the tailgate.....those windows are too expensive to scratch up IMO.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
For the daily, I use my back seat to keep things separated front and back but on trips it leaves. You can get a larger cooler in the right hand size and then pack all around it. I can't seem to find a picture now but that's how I pack for camping. I've tossed around the idea of a trailer but gas mileage is already rough on longer highway trips. A trailer would be death.

Also- you'll see two different styles of packing. Those with hard tops can fit more because you're alright to lean things on the windows. I don't have anything sticking up over the top of the tailgate.....those windows are too expensive to scratch up IMO.

what about some sort of netting that spans the roll cage on the sides so you could stack up higher with out the worry of hitting the soft top windows...

Quick Reply: Storage (Back Seat) JK