Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stone Shield?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stone Shield?

After doing some midwest trails my JK's gotten it's fair share of "trail rash". On a black JK it REALLY shows up. While I can take it and have it buffed out that's a temporary fix to the problem.

I've given thoughts to having the whole thing covered in that "stone shield" material. For those who've not seen it it's basically a clear plastic film that's adheared to the body of the vehicle creating a translucent plastic "shield". It was originally designed for luxury cars and such to prevent rock chipping. I have no problem with rock chipping but I'm getting tired of a small branch creating streamers down the side of my JK.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't like the sound of something that sheilds me from getting stoned. LOL
Old 09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard it's pretty nice but pretty spendy as well. What's it going to be like tho after you rip one pretty good? I just can't see that stuff standing up to a long overgrown trail. But maybe I'm wrong....

(BTW.....I posted your measurement on the 240 Blitz thread)......
Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bedliner is the answer to all of your problems
Old 09-25-2009, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Stoneshield is part of what I do everyday. Let me say that it will not help with deep scratching. The material doesn't resist light scratching but will help stop deaper scratches. That said if you get a big enough branch it could go thru the material. It is pricey but far cheaper than repainting. Here in Calgary we sell it for @$10 a square foot just for the material.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

It depends on how they install. it. I have had it on 2 cars and now my jeep and the one on my jeep they heated a conrner a little much and you can tell by looking at the material. I haope you don't pay someone to buff your jeep. They make good wax and other material anyone can do it at home.

Quick Reply: Stone Shield?