Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stock wheel and different tire options

Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soberbyker

Other than counting money, math is not my strong suit, I've seen that formula before and it reads like Greek to me. Thanks though.

What I'm hoping is someone with stock 18" wheels can tell me what the widest width is the can be used without the need for any spacers, lift or other mods and not rub on anything.
Do you have a good 4x4 shop near you?

I was very fortunate and found a shop 15 minutes away who only does 4x4's and some high performance stuff, totally honest and trustworthy

Also see if there is an active Jeep/4x4 club near you

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Do you have a good 4x4 shop near you?

I was very fortunate and found a shop 15 minutes away who only does 4x4's and some high performance stuff, totally honest and trustworthy

Also see if there is an active Jeep/4x4 club near you

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Nothing close and I don't know anyone personally to ask that's why I asked here. Jeep tells you not to use anything outside of the OEM specs, a couple tire companies couldn't give me a specific answer either.

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soberbyker

Nothing close and I don't know anyone personally to ask that's why I asked here. Jeep tells you not to use anything outside of the OEM specs, a couple tire companies couldn't give me a specific answer either.

Thanks for the input.
Dude, seriously, if you're to buy, just walk into any discount tire or NTB and tell them what you want and why. All of them I talk to say they are more than willing to mount them and if they run at all they will put on a different set at no charge.
Most of them are willing to work with you.
And the owners I run into with stock wheels & jeeps are running 285/65R18's without any rubbing.

Quick Reply: Stock wheel and different tire options