Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stock Side Step Bracket

Old 06-27-2020, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Stock Side Step Bracket

In the process of switching out the chrome tubular steps the previous owner of my Jeep had installed. Picked up a set of the stock (plastic?) black side steps from FB Marketplace for now that match up with the stock fenders. I thought I could switch over all the hardware from the tubular steps to these new ones but unfortunately, they don't match up and now I am stuck without a mounting bracket for the new steps.

Anyone have this issue? Can't seem to find the brackets/hardware sold individually anywhere.

Didn't get them here but these are the same style steps that I am trying to mount for reference: https://www.extremeterrain.com/durat...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 06-28-2020, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

are you saying the new steps you bought don't have the bracket on them that bolts to the pinch seam and underside of the tub? Someone sold those as the plastic only with no way to mount them?
Old 06-28-2020, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
are you saying the new steps you bought don't have the bracket on them that bolts to the pinch seam and underside of the tub? Someone sold those as the plastic only with no way to mount them?
Yes that’s right. Dumb me thought I could use the old brackets and failed to check and make sure when I bought the new steps.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

That's pretty crappy for someone to sell those and not send the brackets with them. IDK what on earth they could do with the brackets alone. That should just be a standard thing. Did you ping the seller back and say it looked like they're missing the brackets, and did they forget them?
Old 06-28-2020, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
That's pretty crappy for someone to sell those and not send the brackets with them. IDK what on earth they could do with the brackets alone. That should just be a standard thing. Did you ping the seller back and say it looked like they're missing the brackets, and did they forget them?
It was my fault. I thought the brackets I had would fit the new steps. Just purchased my first JK so newbie mistake.

Last edited by QuantumAgent; 06-28-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Stock Side Step Bracket