Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

stock leather seats

Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MFX, with the winters you get up there I'm not suprised that the flamethrowers (heater system) don't do much good!

Go HABS!

Eff the Pens!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by MFX
Last year I spent a good part of my first Jeep summer with the top and doors off and the leather seats are excellent IMO, no swamp ass or burns as others suggest. The seats are incredibly easy to clean and they're very durable. My Jeep doubles as a personal vehicle and my work truck which I use to run deliveries with all week long. I'm sliding boxes in and out all the time and the seats are as nice as they were when I bought the Jeep. Everyone will chime in with their and this is just mine.

The one thing I do hate about the leather is how bad they freeze my ass in the winter. I threw on a thick fuzzy seat cover I had laying around and that helped. My plans are to install some seat warmers before next winter rolls around.
x2. Most or all of the opinions on this thread are admittedly from folks who didn't even know leather was an option, let alone have tried it.

As far as leather being any less "Jeep", that's a joke. "YES Essentials" fabric is the pinnacle of rugged and durable 4x4 interiors?

I installed the Mopar/Katzkin skins in my Jeep back in November. I have only driven it a few times since then, but did get caught this morning with the top down in a thunderstorm. Wiped em down with a towel and I was done. Try that with the "YES Essentials"! The cloth seats are like a sponge. Same with mud. Leather beats "YES" any day of the week. Except in price, perhaps...

Here's my leather on the way to the mall a few months ago:

Here is what the 2010 factory leather option looks like:
Old 05-01-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dubya
x2. Most or all of the opinions on this thread are admittedly from folks who didn't even know leather was an option, let alone have tried it.

As far as leather being any less "Jeep", that's a joke. "YES Essentials" fabric is the pinnacle of rugged and durable 4x4 interiors?

I installed the Mopar/Katzkin skins in my Jeep back in November. I have only driven it a few times since then, but did get caught this morning with the top down in a thunderstorm. Wiped em down with a towel and I was done. Try that with the "YES Essentials"! The cloth seats are like a sponge. Same with mud. Leather beats "YES" any day of the week. Except in price, perhaps...
tried asking this before without sucsess... When ording is there difference when selecting Leather or selecting the Limited package which states it includes Katzkin Leather. Individually it only states leather, no name brand.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input. The reason i asked, was that the only rubicon in a reasonable distance that was close to what I wanted had leather seats, and I was a little wary of them. The dealer came down in price to make it worth my while, so i ended up buying it. (even with the "MC01" package )
Old 05-01-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by herks
Thanks for the input. The reason i asked, was that the only rubicon in a reasonable distance that was close to what I wanted had leather seats, and I was a little wary of them. The dealer came down in price to make it worth my while, so i ended up buying it. (even with the "MC01" package )
Post up the pix, fellow mall crawler!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default leather

It is important to know that there are different finishes for leather. The leather in my Lexus LS would be destroyed in about a month in a Jeep, while the very durable Wrangler leather is nowhere near as comfortable as the luxury grade leather.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubya

Here's my leather on the way to the mall a few months ago:

Here is what the 2010 factory leather option looks like:
Wow, those look nice. What would be really cool is if they had A/C and heat like my FIL's Caddy. Talk about keeping your cool when everyone is sweating their nuts off!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Funny, as much as swamp ass would seem to be a major concern... I'd be more worried about freezing my ass off in the winter. All my vehicles that have had leather have also had heated seats. SO... I say embrace your MC01 package LOL and go all out especially since the dealer came down on price and get the plug n play Mopar heated seats!!

Congrats on your new rig.

Quick Reply: stock leather seats