Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

still ugly a** bumpers but new Shoes!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
the woman who owned it didn't like the noise of the MTs so she swapped them out for racing slicks.
Then, it's just as well that she sold it...

I'll never understand why some people get talked into a Rubicon when a Sahara was what they should have purchased. I see Unlimited Rubicons around here with two child seats and a 30 something female at the wheel. What are the odds that Rubi never sees a trail?

My regards,

Widewing
Old 01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Widewing, why do you care what people do with THEIR Jeeps? If they enjoy it, great. You are all over David Beckham for his Jeep. I dont get it. We all enjoy the life style a Jeep offers. Some a bit different then others, but we are all still in the Jeep family. Chill. Enjoy your's and have fun!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Looks great. You are going to love the tires! Are you running with no lift or spacers?
I'm running with a 1.75" daystar leveling kit and my right front tire rubs bad on the the swaybar so I have 1.5" spacers on the way.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Tires look killer...Huge difference...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Much better! I know you bought it that way but a Rubicon should never have street tires...except my buddy from work...he's got a Rubicon and refuses to take it off road with me cuz it could get dirty or scratched, what?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by MYJEEP
Widewing, why do you care what people do with THEIR Jeeps? If they enjoy it, great. You are all over David Beckham for his Jeep. I dont get it. We all enjoy the life style a Jeep offers. Some a bit different then others, but we are all still in the Jeep family. Chill. Enjoy your's and have fun!
I think the point is, if your not going to use a rubicon its waste of cash for the extra$$$. It'll never be used for what its built for.

Just buy a sahara or a loaded X and save some cash

Nice shoes!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my rugged ridge bumpers on today after approx 5 hours of me and a mechanic friend fighting with the rear bumper and stripping bolts. Too dark for pics but they I will get some this week. Its def a new animal with tires bumpers and those sides steps off!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
got my rugged ridge bumpers on today after approx 5 hours of me and a mechanic friend fighting with the rear bumper and stripping bolts. Too dark for pics but they I will get some this week. Its def a new animal with tires bumpers and those sides steps off!
sounds good I'll wait for the pictures
Old 01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I think the point is, if your not going to use a rubicon its waste of cash for the extra$$$. It'll never be used for what its built for.

Nice shoes!
So?!?
I understand the point also but anything to keep sales up so they make the next Rubicon even more capable from the factory.(imho)
Old 01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep

Nice shoes!
I agree for the most part, but after 2007 there is another consideration...

Now (after 2007) the Rubi is the only model with 4.10 gears. I would have gone with an "X" with the rear locker and sway bar disco if it could have had 4.10 gears.

Actually, when I ordered my second JK...I wish I could have had a silver Sahara with 4.10's, lockers, sway discos. If you could see my rig in person, you would understand why it's better that I do not have painted fenders.

Last edited by shredX; 01-11-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: still ugly a** bumpers but new Shoes!