Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Still Not Fixed!!!!!! 08 In The Shop For 4th Time In 3 Weeks!!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Not Fixed!!!!!! 08 In The Shop For 4th Time In 3 Weeks!!

I have had my new 08 unlimited sahara for 24 days and so far the stealership has put 600 miles on it , replaced the TIPM, replaceing the entire insturment cluster and still does not know what the hell the problem is with it. I was a victim of the stall bug, only thing is, at 499 miles, mine stalled, and just sat there, not to start again, had to be towed to the stealership and it has been downhill since then. Keep this thread alive for us 08 vitims please so that we may also get the 3 headed dog to recall for our safety. I have been a jeep owner my whole life and I have to say, this is the last one I will ever buy. I am telling 1000 people personally not to use the stealership I went to and telling everyone on here to be careful, Jeep is lying when they say that the stall bug is gone, it is here and still as dangerous as ever. Thanks for keeping this thread alive
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by polonia001
I have had my new 08 unlimited sahara for 24 days and so far the stealership has put 600 miles on it , replaced the TIPM, replaceing the entire insturment cluster and still does not know what the hell the problem is with it. I was a victim of the stall bug, only thing is, at 499 miles, mine stalled, and just sat there, not to start again, had to be towed to the stealership and it has been downhill since then. Keep this thread alive for us 08 vitims please so that we may also get the 3 headed dog to recall for our safety. I have been a jeep owner my whole life and I have to say, this is the last one I will ever buy. I am telling 1000 people personally not to use the stealership I went to and telling everyone on here to be careful, Jeep is lying when they say that the stall bug is gone, it is here and still as dangerous as ever. Thanks for keeping this thread alive
Personally I would be demanding a new vechile... I wouldnt be happy... I hope my 08 isnt like that when I get it...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can totally understand your frustration, however, that being said, I dont think putting fear into people about Jeeps is the best way to handle it.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

I am getting my ducks in a line as I post to request a new vehicle, unfortunately, I do not feel this will happen unless I get a good lawyer. The owner of the dealership does not even have the courtesy of returning my phone calls and standing behind the product he sell. In fact I said I did not think he had the balls to call me and I felt his wife probably had them in her top dresser drawer! lol So we will see. I am afraid this is going to be a big problem for a lot of people. I t happened to me at 499 miles, much sooner than last years stall and more serious as mine never restarted and I had no brakes or steering. I had my top down and was actually stand up on the brakes to stop the Jeep.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

vaughn,

if there was a possiblity that your jk would just stall and you had no steering or brakes with your family in your car, wouldn't you like to know that the chance is there???? Read about last years stalls, this is a problem and I fear Jeep won't do anything about it until someone dies. If you wan to volunteer to be that person because you love Jeep so much....... you can go right to the front of the line because I for one care more about me and my family than some stupid POS jeep
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..... In fact I said I did not think he had the balls to call me and I felt his wife probably had them in her top dresser drawer! lol ........
If you really insulted the man I can almost promise you he will never call you back. To get any respect in life, first you have to demonstrate it.

In this case calm, collected, and factual information presented in a persuasive manner is the only way to get results. If you are not able to do so I would reccommend researching lemon laws in your state and contacting an attorney.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

vaughn,

if there was a possiblity that your jk would just stall and you had no steering or brakes with your family in your car, wouldn't you like to know that the chance is there???? Read about last years stalls, this is a problem and I fear Jeep won't do anything about it until someone dies. If you wan to volunteer to be that person because you love Jeep so much....... you can go right to the front of the line because I for one care more about me and my family than some stupid POS jeep
First off, there's a big difference between trying to inform people and trying to scare them... your tone is "scary" not "informing."

Second, as was just written above, you're not going to get too far with a combative attitude and disrespectful comments to the dealership owner.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

With your attitude I don't think you will get much sympathy from many people on here.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr. T
if you want our sympathy, it's best not to refer to our children as POS's.
Well said! If anything, it sounds like the dealership is the POS, and you got a bad Jeep... even Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti have problems with their vehicles, in case you didn't know. I don't think that this is some vast corporate cover-up, though.

Bottom line: There's something wrong with YOUR Jeep, and it's up to your dealership (or, since you pretty much burnt that bridge, another dealership) to make things right under warranty. Otherwise, you're within your rights to pursue the matter through your state's Lemon Law regulations...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

x2...
I've had the stall bug, 3 computers replaced, a wiring harness, throttle position sensor, vacuum leak, and am waiting to see if the problem is really fixed. I've also had 3 free rental cars, rides to and from dealership, and been treated really nice. The mechanics don't know how to fix the stall bug, they call DC and just do what there told to try; and they didn't build my jeep or create the problem. Getting mad at the dealership never helps. Treat them nice and they will work as hard as they can.

I may have to drive through the service bay tomorrow just to see my service writer cringe.

Quick Reply: Still Not Fixed!!!!!! 08 In The Shop For 4th Time In 3 Weeks!!