Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Still no Rack

Old 08-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarpenter
Quality: Gobi is no joke. The rack is well made. Really well made. Craftmanship is excellent. The included hardware is top of the line. No drilling. The rack is strong and looks great.

One issue: When I opened the box I was surprised to see the tab for the light bar and one of the attached supports were bent. As the rack is well made, the force that must have been applied to the part during shipping must have been tremendous. I was pissed because I needed to get the rack on the JK, pack and hit the road. I was able to straighten the bracket enough with a rubber mallet but the aux light tab is trashed.

Silver lining: I called Sandra @ Gobi and Dave a Alpha Expedition and explained the problem. Both were great. I will have a new light bar at my door when I return from vacation. I received EXCELLENT customer service from both of them. Exactly what you expect but don't receive from many vendors. I just want to be clear, with Gobi and Dave @ Alpha Expedition you get great service!

Gobi: The rack was expensive but in this case you get what you pay for. Powder coating was excellent. Rack looks great, was easy to install (no drilling) and is super strong. Customer service was top notch. I would never hesitate to order another Gobi product.

Alpha Expedition: Dave is a solid guy. He is responsive and stands behind the products he sells. He was concerned about my issue and got involved immediately. i will order from him again.

Will try to post a few pics of the rack and JK on the beach.
Originally Posted by RepressedSince15
Glad it turned out well. Dave was very helpful in my case too.

I have had some rust spots appear that I'm a little worried about - one on a brace weld and a few where the steel grid is welded to the frame. Covered with black Rustoleum yesterday as a preventative measure.

Anybody else see similar?

Scott

I am just soo happy that you guys enjoyed the racks, and apologizing behalf of Gobi for some of the wait time and one mfg defect that pcarpenter had to deal with before the vacation.

Guys please take some great pictures of the rack in action I would like to use them for adding them to my website.

Scott. I do not have any rust spots appearing on my rack yet, could be the Cali weather... But then again I got so many scratches from the rocks and trees that I have no idea what is what anymore.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MBATF

I am just soo happy that you guys enjoyed the racks, and apologizing behalf of Gobi for some of the wait time and one mfg defect that pcarpenter had to deal with before the vacation.

Guys please take some great pictures of the rack in action I would like to use them for adding them to my website.

Scott. I do not have any rust spots appearing on my rack yet, could be the Cali weather... But then again I got so many scratches from the rocks and trees that I have no idea what is what anymore.
I have to tell ya....I have been looking at these racks myself, and if I started seeing rust with no scratches causing it, I'd be pissed. And no way in hell would I want to have to pay shipping to return the damn thing....
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Finally posting a few pics. Again, very happy with the rack.

FYI - Jeep wave is alive and well here in the OBX. Lots of Jeeps here and LOTS of waves

Quick Reply: Still no Rack