Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Still no Rack

Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still no Rack

On July 16 I finally bucked up and ordered a Gobi rack for my JKU. Today is July 30 - still no rack (and no word). I called Gobi. They stated I would "probably have the rack by Aug 10". Huh?

I am leaving for vacation on Aug 8 and need the rack. I didn't anticipate it would take a month to deliver. If you were me would you cancel?
Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you ordered the rack did you ask them when it would ship, or let them know your deadline?

When it comes to many products like this with smaller companies they are built to orderand they don't just have them laying around. Also if you only got it for this one vacation and will never use it again, or have no other reason for getting it then I may cancel. I am guessing that you got it for more than one trip and if that is the case then I would keep it.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

3 weeks isn't bad at all. Considering that shipping something like a book can take up to two weeks something like a roof rack has to specially delivered and the shipping company could be waiting for enough packages that need to be shipped to your area before they make the delivery. Maximizes their profits.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that doesn't sound unusual at all to me.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wait for it!

I have this rack and it can't be beat. You might be able to get one quicker but you will not get one that is better. You will not be disappointed with this rack. This is the one item I have purchased for my Jeep that I have zero regrets about. There is nothing I wish were different or done better.

When you get it, you will want a helper for the final steps in mounting. The top is large and heavy. After you mount it, you will want to come back a couple of days later and recheck all the bolts to ensure they are tight.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya that doesnt sound that bad. i would say it should be there in another week or two.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default not surprising

if you really like the rack...no worries...that lead time isnt too bad. That being said. I had a similar experience with them that they did not meet a commit to date they promised me and I did cancel...but for me it wasn't a "have to have" item.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gobi called today and promised I'd have the rack by next Thursday. This cuts it close but leaves me enough time to get it on the JK and pack. They were professional about the situation and appeared sympathetic to my deadline. Assuming I have the rack as promised ... nothing but positives to say about Gobi. After reading some of the above posts, I now appreciate that 4 weeks isn't entirely unreasonable.

I ordered the rack through Dave at Alpha Expedition. The guy was responsive and helpful. He also called Gobi to follow up for me. I would definitely order from him again
Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pcarpenter
Gobi called today and promised I'd have the rack by next Thursday. This cuts it close but leaves me enough time to get it on the JK and pack. They were professional about the situation and appeared sympathetic to my deadline. Assuming I have the rack as promised ... nothing but positives to say about Gobi. After reading some of the above posts, I now appreciate that 4 weeks isn't entirely unreasonable.

I ordered the rack through Dave at Alpha Expedition. The guy was responsive and helpful. He also called Gobi to follow up for me. I would definitely order from him again
Did you get it? I got mine two days before I left for vaca too...
Old 08-09-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Yea how did this turn out?

Quick Reply: Still no Rack