Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Still New? When do you consider it no longer new??

Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was new to me for three months until it got hit in the parking lot at work. now it is my jeep and the things i add to it are new. Besides who doesn't "break in" every vehicle they have with the signifcant other the first few weeks you have it.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hope

Originally Posted by Finn
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I hate having a new vehicle. When I bought my Jeep the other day, the first thing I did was find the nearest mud puddle for a few dips. The second thing I did was stop at the gas station and take off all the dealer license plate holders, emblem and tire cover and throw them in the trash. At that point, I considered my Jeep no longer new. Feels much better.
That does not void the warantee
Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ditto on the new smell idea. Have to admit when I just got my new plate and put it on the bloom was coming off the rose. But a better way to look at it might be it's the 'newest' in your collection.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine's an 07 and I still look at it out the window and say "Damn that's bad ass"
Old 05-19-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Jeep Checklist

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
It gets it's first scratch on the trail
Did that - thanks to my father-in-law and the Corrizo trail...Check!

Originally Posted by PoorDad
When you can no longer smell the plastic.
Smell plastic but I think it's the new Quadratec Floor Mats...Check!

Originally Posted by Offroadme
yea i think when it loses that new car smell it's not new anymore.
Can't - smell the new car thing but it could be due to all the desert dust...Check!

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Mine probably stopped being new about two weeks after it came home, right after I drilled the first hole into it to start mounting the Safari Rack. Then it was no longer a new Jeep it was MY Jeep.
Drilled into the body a couple of times most recently for the CB install...Check!

Originally Posted by CIJeep
So have you and the wife "broken" it in yet?

If not then put the bloom on the rose.
...I guess it's new!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
It gets it's first scratch on the trail

Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi! The second day after I brought her home. I took her out to find both of our limitations, rolled her onto her drivers side. When I come-a-longed her back onto her feet she transformed from a "new vehicle" to a JEEP! The only thought I had was...COOL! Now I know what to expect from her and engrained the "pucker factor" feeling into the seat of my pants!!! Don't hang onto the "new" feeling...Become partners with her and enjoy! Take care... SARTECH (AKA mdantonio)
Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

first scratch!!!!shouldnt take to long, mine was about 2 weeks!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

I will never be able to cover up the scratches and dings inside or out. I will never get it to smell like anything but Florida swamp mud. I will never, ever get all the dust out. I can vacuum the carpet (which is really wet and muddy right now) all day long and it'll never look 'new' again. I will never be able to see through my soft top windows again and the inside of the top is actually dirtier than the outside (it's been raining). So I guess it's definately not new anymore and it's only been just over a year

I like it better now anyway
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

When there is no payment book?? Unfortunately, they rust out by that time up here. Luckily mine sat in the garage most of the winter (winter # 2 though) we'll see if I can get away with not driving it this upcoming winter. I'm going to enjoy it and consider it new for the time being. 2 years and counting!

Quick Reply: Still New? When do you consider it no longer new??